Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my females is 8 months old, and she is having her second cycle. She had her first at five months old. I know the recommendation for breeding is to start with the second cycle, but isn't she too young for pregnancy?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Somebody needs to be. Also had you read the rules, they have a strict no back yard breeding policy http://www.boxerforums.com/breeding-info/31713-unethical-breeding-discussions-read-before-posting.html

If your on here asking about what age to be breeding you have no business breeding.

are you looking to better the breed, yes

are both sire and dam to STANDARD, yes

from the looks of the one puppy you have I'd say no, really? Do you have your own checklist?

are you health testing before you breed? yes

I asked because I think she is too young. I expected her to have her second cycle in the spring, not 3 months later. All the reading Ive done says females have their second cycle 6-9 months later.

FYI, all my dogs are AKC full registered. Next time if you are not gonna help GFY.

BTW, if this is how you loved your dog, you have no business saying anything to any dog owner.

Your dog, looks like 20 pounds underweight.

my dog 10 months old

·
Registered
59 Posts
let's calm down, don't blow this out of proportion. This forum is supposed to be fun and engaging.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want to better the breed, I think getting rid of the loose jowels would be a start and the truncated head. Breeding for size would be a no no also.

My boxer is 13 months at 45 lbs and eats 4 cups of dog food a day. No issues at all. But it seems like its not growing at all or filling in.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I asked because I think she is too young. I expected her to have her second cycle in the spring, not 3 months later. All the reading Ive done says females have their second cycle 6-9 months later.

FYI, all my dogs are AKC full registered. Next time if you are not gonna help GFY.

BTW, if this is how you loved your dog, you have no business saying anything to any dog owner.

Your dog, looks like 20 pounds underweight.

my dog 10 months old

Ah yes, the old AKC fully registered.. Perhaps you wanted me to sugar coat BYB, I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear, but you don't need to go attacking my dog.. I'm not looking to breed him, nor would I want to my dog has had weight issues, how does that have anything to do with the topic at hand?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow weeeeee Do not breed your bitch until she is health tested. at least for heart issue's and DM. She should be 2years old as for ABC guide lines.
I hope this helps. ABC aka American Boxer club.
As for being akc, are there any Champions in the close background?
Akc is just a registry that will give you a History. It does not mean that if you have a AKC dog that it is automatically approved for breeding.
But to each his own.
Be Well
Joeponds

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bty that is a nice looking bitch,or dog my eyes are deceiving me, how is her topline and croup, any dewlap?
Does she have d/d haws?
Do you have any idea of the longevity of her lines?
If so I might be interested when she's of age. Looks to have some Rosend somewhere in there?

Thanks much
JoePonds

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah yes, the old AKC fully registered.. Perhaps you wanted me to sugar coat BYB, I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear, but you don't need to go attacking my dog.. I'm not looking to breed him, nor would I want to my dog has had weight issues, how does that have anything to do with the topic at hand?
I say it again, if you are not willing to help stay quiet. Is not anyone's fault you are having a bad day or perhaps you are a lonely dude. I dont know, but you sure sound like a very mad angry person. Go buy some ice cream, and some food for your dog as well. NO matter what you write in here, you will not change people's intent.

Read below, Joe surely answered my question.

Wow weeeeee Do not breed your bitch until she is health tested. at least for heart issue's and DM. She should be 2years old as for ABC guide lines.
I hope this helps. ABC aka American Boxer club.
As for being akc, are there any Champions in the close background?
Akc is just a registry that will give you a History. It does not mean that if you have a AKC dog that it is automatically approved for breeding.
But to each his own.
Be Well
Joeponds
Joe, thanks for the answer. I'm keeping her inside the kennel until all passes for a week or so. She is not at the proestrus phase yet, but she'll get there by this Saturday.

Regarding championship, the female's dad, and grandpa are/were champions. You are correct on that, I do know having a five generations pedigree on hand doesn't make it a perfect stud. :emtthumbs:

If your dog is 13 months old, and weighs 45 lbs, and eats 4 cups a day, it either has parasites, or the food you buy is junk.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Your bitch is far to young to be bred OR be health tested. We do not allow the discussion of breeding on this forum.

Please look at and follow the ABC code of ethics. I think you will find the majority of your answers there.

American Boxer Club: ABC Code of Ethics

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
A reminder to members......yes, this forum does not allow discussions regarding breeding. Please remember that people come here to learn and immediately attacking and thinking the worst doesn't teach anyone anything.

You can voice your opinions without attacking or name calling. Try educating people and pointing them in the right direction so they make better choices. If they fail to listen then that's their issue and something that the moderation staff will deal with.

·
Registered
453 Posts
okay, okay.. simple question.. are you asking due to health concerns because the cycles are so close together? that is kind of how i read it, i couldnt answer the question at all, but it seems that everyone automatically assumed you were looking to breed her.. which isnt a good idea unless you have all your ducks in a row (personal opinion, she is too young, but what do i know).. anywho.. like i said, i could not answer that question, but just wanted to know if i was interpreting it correctly.. if so, you are in the right place, because there are a few breeders on here that really know their stuff..

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dog is perfectly healthy and proportioned. Gets lots of exercise. I may have a runt, but who knows. I got mine from the humane society. So I'm sure it doesn't have worms. Also I get the nice shiny red bag from costco. So you know quality is good.

Lots of breeders think that bigger is always better. I feel that my dog is the definition of what a boxer should be. Not too big not too small.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Please read the Boxer Forum Rules. They specifically address talking about breeding etc.

I have reposted the sticky so you can find them easily.

Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts