Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Sorry thought o posted the younger ones
LOL ... I'd simply say ... chose wisely ... and get health insurance. I've have seen some homely "human babies" ...but I've never seen a homely Boxer pup. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh my good ness that sounds like a lot going on but oh so fun.lol They sound wonderful though and very happy. You have a doggy guilt trip and a human guilt trip there is no win. Haha. I can't wait to witness the boxer antics. I have a pitbull and they are big gooffballs as well. I will try to pick my pup the best I can but I have to admit Everytime I see "dots"(that's what they call her) picture I fall more in love.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Oh my good ness that sounds like a lot going on but oh so fun.lol They sound wonderful though and very happy. You have a doggy guilt trip and a human guilt trip there is no win. Haha. I can't wait to witness the boxer antics. I have a pitbull and they are big gooffballs as well. I will try to pick my pup the best I can but I have to admit Everytime I see "dots"(that's what they call her) picture I fall more in love.
Aww gezze ... all I can say is ... "LOL!"

But "trying to be impartial ... I will say ... think with your head or think with your heart??? If people actually want to get sound healthy "Boxer" then no option ... stack the odds in your favor and go with a "Reputable Breeder." Pretty much that simple.

But people do stuff and now you know ... that the pups you are looking at are from "BYB'ers." Pretty much no question there. So now ... what do you do???

Other than ... factor in "health insurance" which would be a good idea in any case ... I can't tell you what to do??? I had no idea what a "BYB" was when I chose "Struddell??" And ultimately ... I paid a price in "heartbreak" when "DM" took her away from me. :(

But I have no regrets ... she was the joy of my life. I had no idea what a "BYB" was at he time but "heartbreak aside" I have no regrets. I have a lifetime of good memories ... good enough for me. :cheers:

But for you ... other than, get health insurance ... what I would advise is "don't" go and see the puppies if you are dead set on a "quality Breeder puppy." If you do ... I would tend to think ... your dead meat?? As I have said ... I have never seen an ugly Boxer puppy???

I don't play games ...if you are dead set on a quality "Boxer Pup" that is not what you are looking at with those pups. If that is what you are determined to pursue ... keep looking! But ... you know people are not always logical???

So one of those pup's maybe the right dog for you ... I can't say??? So sorry "logic" aside ... "i'm just not real good on the yes or no or thing???

But at the bare minimum ... you could ask if you could take hm ... "Dot" in for a "DM" test. And then decide at least ... you'd not get blindsided by the "DM" issue. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you that was well said. And yea your probably right about me not going and seeing the pups because as we all know puppies are a weakness.haha I know once I see that cute little face all logic goes out the window.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Thank you that was well said. And yea your probably right about me not going and seeing the pups because as we all know puppies are a weakness.haha I know once I see that cute little face all logic goes out the window.
LOL ... keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You gotta tone down all those quotations chip , lol

There is no white gene. Boxers come in fawn or brindle. The white is excessive flash that covers most of, if not all the body. To get a white puppy you need two flashy parents or a flashy parent to a white parent or two white parents. You will never get a white puppy as long as one parent is plain.

Breeding a white parent is very taboo. I would personally look for a breeder who focuses on health testing, raising their puppies within the home and an added bonus is work the breed or do conformation. You can also ask if they do any temperament testing and be up front and honest with what you are looking for. That way the breeder can place the appropriate puppy with you that is best suited to your needs.
That's not true. The part you said "you will never get a white puppy if both parents are plain". I have been breeding boxers for 5 years and have had AT LEAST one white puppy in each litter. 2-3 litters a year. None of then have any blind or deafness. I have a standard fawn male, a flashy brindle male, and two fawn females with white markings, but not flashy. My current litter is out of the standard fawn male and one of my low white markings female, and they have had white puppies in previous litters, but this litter there is 6. I was always told that both parents have to carry the gene to produce white. So this is just my experience.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts