Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Bright Yellow Frothy Vomit...Sharon?

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Donya 
#1 ·
Ok so this morning we get up...me and mav hang out while im finishing an essay for school and his stomach is making weird gurgling noises...i assume he is just hungry but im like ill finish this up and feed him. Well...Travis gets up and all of a sudden Maverick begins to vomit..i get up to investigate and see that the vomit is BRIGHT MUSTARD YELLOW and frothy on his lips...i clean it and him up...the vomit looks like reg bile vomit but yellow...im freaking out...but maverick is acting like nothing has happened. he went poop twice...once before he ate a whole 2 cups of food with yogurt and once after he peed and he is drinking, playing and investigating..he has a vet appointment on friday but i dont know what this could be...any ideas? im freaking out.

#4 ·
omg thank god i have a seminar to give in a few hours and i havent completed my handouts yet because ive been sooooooooooo anxious and just terrified. He has vomitted bile before but never that color..just white like a milk substance. This is my first dog besides outdoor dogs as a kid which my parents mostly cared for. i would just play with them so im really worried about everything with Maverick and take him to the vet for silly things. I took him to the vet for the white bile when he was home for only a day but he hadnt been drinking at that point.

#6 ·
sully\";p=\"78674 said:
Yeah I was confused by the story whether he ate or didn't eat, but if he didn't eat it sounds like the common "hunger puke"
sorry i was kind of freaked out when i wrote..he didnt eat before he puked then he ate all his food and was fine...truly he acted normal before and after the puke but the color was the thing that freaked me out.

Thanks for the reassurance tho.

#7 ·
Yeah that's bile. ( I still can't believe you actually smelled it!)  :lol:

Yogurt helps Maddie with that. She would puke nightly if I didn't give her yogurt everyday. It may help settle Mav's tummy if you hvae any on hand.  :)

#8 ·
yep ! sounds like the typical im hungry puke...lol hope hes feeling  ok...and you have a calmer day..

hugz to Mav with his ooooo so handsome face !

#10 ·
yep this sound like the hunger pukes to me, I posted not to long ago about his because Gaby was also doing this...I've solved it by giving her a very late meal around 11 pm so now I feed at 9am 5pm and 11pm...she hasn't done it since

#12 ·
LOL....i'm hungry puke.... Yep Tyson does that every once in a while in the morning. Most of the time it's because he starts playing before he eats or drinks a bunch of water right when he gets up. Tyson is a wateraholic and will drink the whole bowl if we don't stop him so we have to make sure he eats a lil before he hits the water bowl. It's kinda funny how after they do it they just go on like it's no big deal......

#16 ·
Oh he feels fine...he has been driving everyone crazy all day and had no kennel time today or most days now since im home most of the time...he is loving it and thanks for the help..i had heard of hunger pukes and bile etc but never in my life have i seen a color like that..wow glad i know now..Maverick really is a learning experience for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.