Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Fawn vs Brindle

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fawn female and 2 brindle males and I like both coats but lean more towards the brindle as my favorite.

Whats your opinion?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I like red fawns, however I view temperment over color, but *if* I had to pick by color, I like the nice deep classic fawns, defined mask.  Love them!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello Boxer-Man We have had a fawn and now we have a male brindle and a female whitey. Like them all about the same, have to agree with the other post about temperament. I myself like the droopy eyes and big jowls.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D although my pretty girl is all white with flecks of brindle (more coming out as she ages) i have to say im partial to the dark brindles..

but thats such a tough choice as i love them all..any boxer, to me, as long as its healthy and has been tested, is great ..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definately a fawn fan, I'm not sure if i would own another color...if I had to choose a second color it would either be all white (no patches) and dark sealed reverse brindle with fashy markings

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'd take one in every color if I could!  8-> One day!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
LOL Lisa!!! i totally agree!!! :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have one of each and I think they are both beautiful! I may lean more towards the flashy fawn though but for the record that doesn't mean I love Sam any less  :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love mine the same... My wife wants to get a White one (which i have read is a fawn) and I want a black one ( which i have read is actually brindle) TO FUNNY. I love boxers and Want as well a whole lot. I got a start one day I will get more. If not my own litters a purchased one or two...or three...or more..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I like both but really love the deep red fawns; I've wanted fawn since I first decided to get a Boxer, but it was eight years before the right puppy for us was a fawn - all my others are brindles. (Whites can be fawn or brindle - my white girl has one big circle on her back that's brindle. ;)  "Blacks" that aren't mixed breeds are very-heavily-striped brindles - more commonly called "reverse" brindles, since they look like they have fawn stripes on a black body instead of the other way around.)  I do in general prefer the deeper pigments of whatever color pattern; not necessarily meaning dark (as in heavy) brindles there, but even 'regular' or 'light' brindles with deep background colors and clearly-defined stripes and velvety black masks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Newcastle you site is amazine I emailed you a few days ago on that topic there. (black boxers)

·
Registered
578 Posts
My baby is fawn so of course I'm partial. However, I would love to have one in every color but if I get another one I would love a white..oh wait a dark brindle...oh man I can't decide...i don't care I love those smooshy faces no matter what color they are.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I too like them all equally and would have one of each if I could....I think that by the time summer comes back around I'm gonna look into getting a flashy fawn male for Gaby to have a buddy!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
sumyasmom\";p=\"70508 said:
LOL Lisa!!! i totally agree!!! :D
I agree with both of you, i want my next rescue to be either white or brindle.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Boxer_man_Rich\";p=\"70521 said:
Newcastle you site is amazine I emailed you a few days ago on that topic there. (black boxers)
Oh, thanks, Rich. :)  I still owe you a response to your follow-up, I know, just haven't had a chance to sit down at e-mail lately!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Newcastle\";p=\"70602 said:
[quote="Boxer_man_Rich\";p=\"70521":2gtxxy3g]Newcastle you site is amazine I emailed you a few days ago on that topic there. (black boxers)
Oh, thanks, Rich. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I love them all and temperment is most important, but if I had go soley based on looks it'd be a fawn like my baby

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think that each color has some interesting markings.  The wife doesn't like brindles as much so we got a fawn.  I wanted a whitey so that's how we ended up with our two.  Personally I love the looks of all boxers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts