Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My 18 wk old baby Harley broke off part of a tooth today. I was walking her in the yard and the only thing I can tell that she did was grab the leash and jerk it around in her mouth. We got back on the deck and she shook her head and I saw what i thought was some drool fly out, but discovered it was a part of her tooth. There was a little blood in her mouth, but not what i would call a lot. Its the second from the back on her top right jaw. I called the vet and they said as long as she is not bleeding now, no face swelling and eating/playing ok then it can wait till her pre-adult screening on nov 7th. She is eating fine and playing 100% normal and I have looked at it pretty closely in her mouth a few times and its red but not bleeding. Does everyone think this is ok or should I take her in? Thanks for your input, I worry everytime a hair falls out...lol.
chris

·
Registered
942 Posts
Milo only has 1/2 of an adult K9 on the top right b/c the other 1/2 broke off a couple of years ago. It hasn't seemed to bother him any...just looks a little funny. lol

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't see where it would be a problem. She is going to lose those teeth anyway. I would just keep a close eye on it but if it isn't bothering her, I would think she would be just fine.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, I'm with Shari, those should be puppy teeth which would come out anyways..If it isn't bothering her, I really wouldn't worry about it.. Poor Samson has literally NO front teeth, they all have receded into his gums and does quite well.... :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree....as long as the face does not swell and it does not seem to be painful i would not worry about it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts