Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brooklyn Gave me quite the Scare (Pics) Reaction

So wanted to come over and share some info about what happened, I have posted this many times, but I have never seen anything like this and Freaked so hoping that someone else may see this and not be as panicked as me if it happens to your baby...

I had to rush Brooklyn to the vet after work because I came home and her eyes were so red and swollen I couldn't even see the pupils..turns out she had type 1 hypersensitivity reaction to a bite or a stin...g (possibly bee or spider) The green stuff is an eye flush the vet put in to check her eyes for scratches and just looking. Her third eyelid was up? I don't remember exactly what he said about that part..but she got a steroid shot and a eye wash..and he sent us home with prednisone and some eye drops that we are to use for the next few days ..so for future reference this is what a bad case of that looks like..Should this ever happen again I now know to get her to the vet but I won't be as panicked.. I could barley function trying to get kid in the car, find my purse, and keys and go..I honestly thought she had a seizure or something and was so panicked I couldn't think straight..so I hope no one comes home to this, but should you by chance go to the vet but stop and breath first..LOL here are the pics and what I came home too and the last picture is her about an hour after we got home from the vets!! Her eyes are still red and a bit swollen but she is much better this morning

The pictures are in order, Pic 1 is when I got home and saw her, the next 5 are at the vet and getting worse it seems, and then the last picture is about an hour after getting home from the vet and having her medicine

Attachments

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Eeeek! No matter how many times I see those pics they still freak me out!

So glad it was just an allergic reaction and that she is better today. Give her extra snuggles :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow I don't blame you at all. If I came home and saw that my heart would drop and then the anxiety would kick in lol. Good thing it wasn't a seizure and just an allergic reaction. Hope for a speedy recovery!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow glad Brooklyn is ok.its a scary thing to come home to. Molly was stung by something one time and her head swelled up like a balloon. Always keep benedryl on hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts