Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but not cold enough, we are supposed to get an ice storm this afternoon into tonight.. around a half an inch of ice.  Sure hope the power doesn't go out and I have some really young trees that could have problems.  It starting snowing around 10:00 on bare ground, here are some pictures I took around 1:00 before it started sleeting.  My sister is working today at the Library (this would be here weekend to work and she scheduled herself) and lives about 7 miles out of town, sure hope she makes it home OK.  Hopefully they will close if it gets really bad or she can make it at least to my house to stay.

Stay warm everyone, hope no else gets this.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow Barb, I got cold just looking at those pics. Hoping you don't lose power, that truly sucks and that your sister makes it home ok....What no pics of Kiah romping? :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
samsonsmom\";p=\"54573 said:
Wow Barb, I got cold just looking at those pics. Hoping you don't lose power, that truly sucks and that your sister makes it home ok....What no pics of Kiah romping? :lol:
Nope

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
What in the world is that white stuff?  8O  Jeez...sure does look cold!  :? :rofl:  It's still 85 degrees down here!  :lol:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Snowing here too.  Lola loves the snow.  We were at the dog park today for 1 hr 30 min at 22-23 degrees and she never once looked cold.  Although I don't think she ever stopped running for more than 20 seconds.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am not really sure how I would feel about snow like that....I really think I would like to see it, but I dont know if I would like to live in it :)

It was a wonderful 76 here today and I was in shorts :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
OH HOW I MISS SNOW!! Being in FL I'm likely... okay I'll DEFINITELY NEVER see it EVER AGAIN!! LOL Being from TX we only got it every so many years... and even then it was just a couple of inches... more like 1 inch! LOL LOVE OKIE-HOMA for the snow though... boy do I miss it!!

Great pics... stay warm and keep safe!!

G

·
0 Posts
we are getting our first snow today...snow, sleet and freezing rain...Jetta has already slipped and fallen twice..and neither like it cold...but don't seem to notice the snow much

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
we went to michigan for thanksgiving and they had a few inches and Dungy had no idea what to do... i think he was mad at me for making him walk in it, but by the end of the weekend he was a little shovel w/ his mouth in the snow and running picking it all up in his mouth... i cant wait for the snow in indiana so i can take pics of him in the snow!!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i miss the mass and nyc snow at xmas and new yrs..it was 90 here today and hot...its always 90 and hot..never changes...nice to visit jsut not to be stuck forver lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
We got that same storm that came from wisc. across Lake Michigan... Its funny though when winter hits here everybody always says they want to be somewhere warmer... but the people that are somewhere warmer want to be where the snow is. I seen a few really bad accidents today on the freeways (rode with my boyfriend in the tow truck)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
SummerLuv\";p=\"54679 said:
We got that same storm that came from wisc. across Lake Michigan... Its funny though when winter hits here everybody always says they want to be somewhere warmer... but the people that are somewhere warmer want to be where the snow is. I seen a few really bad accidents today on the freeways (rode with my boyfriend in the tow truck)
Yeah everyone in OK was like "Are you crazy!? This weather stinks!!" But I figured OK weather was perfect... HOT in the summer... FREEZING and snowy in the winter. NOT TOO SNOWY THOUGH like a lot of the northern states. I too would hate to drive in that kind of weather for MONTHS! That's why we don't live there! LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here in Maine tonight and all day Monday we are supposed to get 8-20 inches of snow.  Time to get ready for the long winter.  I will try to post some pics of Tyson and Sophie playing in the snow.

Scott

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love living here and all the seasons but I don't like the freezing stuff or the below 0 weather, but everyone has to deal with something where they live.

We got a nice snow on the night before Thanksgiving, it was wonderful and Kiah had a ball playing in it.  We were at the dog park when the snow started yesterday and she had so much fun, two of her favorite playmates were there.  She played for about 45 minutes but we cut it short when she found a dead mouse and swallowed it before we could get her to drop it.  Yuk!

This morning she went out (no sleet or freezing rain) and had a blast but it was hard for her to walk since the snow had a crust on it.  She loves plowing her nose through it and eating some.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The worst part of the weather, IMO, in Wisconsin is mid February to April.  By Feb I'm sick of the snow and then March and April everything is melting but it's still kinda cold outside so it's just a cold, drizzly, sloppy, muddy, mess.  :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts