Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you do it??  I think I want to start.  

Tango will probably swallow the darn thing....  :p

·
Registered
236 Posts
I haven't done it b/c Ace chews on the dental bones. I have thought about starting it though...but jeeze, I know I'll be covered in doggie slober!! :D

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I do, mostly because Lola has nasty breath after she eats.  Her food stinks!  She's pretty good about it actually.  I got the brush and toothpaste from PetSmart.  She likes to lick it off the brush  :roll:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I too feed raw, and haven't needed to clean Felix's teeth- they are still nice and white at one year old.  
Delilah had some plaque which is slightly going away since starting raw.

There are special finger brushes you can get though, it makes it a lot easier than trying to see where you are brushing than with a regular toothbrush.
I would start slow and do a little at a time so he doesn't associate it as being a bad thing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
i do brush mine, course Samson's teeth are beyond repair, they were bad when I got him and Angel keeps hers really nice with all her chewing, but I like to brush them anyways once a week. Not sure how much good it does, but they enjoy the toothpaste and I actually get a bit of scrubbing done sometimes...I use the little finger thingy, works much better :)

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, maybe I'll try the finger thingy then.  He should be used to me putting my fingers in his mouth with all the crap I have to pull out of there every day!  LOL...

·
Registered
648 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"100695 said:
i do brush mine, course Samson's teeth are beyond repair, they were bad when I got him and Angel keeps hers really nice with all her chewing, but I like to brush them anyways once a week. Not sure how much good it does, but they enjoy the toothpaste and I actually get a bit of scrubbing done sometimes...I use the little finger thingy, works much better :)

Yup the finger thimble works like a charm.  I will do Britney every other day.  LOL eventhough she has these little teeth she seems to enjoy it...  she chews allot on nyla and kong dental things but I do it mostly for her breath...

come on now - she is a lady, she must have nice breath!!!  :roll:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, since Henry's teeth problems, he can't chew all the things made to clean their teeth, so I have to brush.  He hated it at first and it took all three of us to get it done.  He's better about it now and likes the toothpaste, so it's sorta like a treat. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I brush every other day.  They have learned to look forward to it.  When I say "who wants to get your teeth brushed" they both come and sit down in front of the bathroom vanity.  They they push each other out of the way to get to be first.  Of course the chicken flavored tooth paste makes it all worth while.  I use a regular tooth brush that comes packaged with the toothpaste and then I give them a once over with a battery powered human toothbrush.  I started with Dixie as a pup.  She is now 7 1/2 and her teeth are in perfect condition and she doesn't have any breath odor.  I started Champ when we got him 18 mos. ago at approximately age 2.  It took a little time and patience to get him to accept the battery powered tooth brush but he does fine with it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts