Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Vega in Wednesday for her final booster. This evening a lump has developed in her in her scruff.  The lump is relatively loose and does not feel very hard, almost like a piece sof fat under her skin. There are no signs of redness or of any type of bites. We took her to the Dog Park for the first time today and she had an absolute blast with her pals that joined us. She had more than her normal amount of energy and the lump or me handling it does not bother her what so ever. So I am comcerned as we noticed this this afternoon. It was not there this morning. So does this sound like a vaccine lump or ????

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
More then likely it is!! Roxy use to get them when she was a puppy!!! Dont worry but if you are just give the vet a buzz in the AM!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
If the lump is at the injection site, it is most likely a reaction. I would keep an eye on it, and if it gets bigger or does not go away in a couple of day I would call the vet.  :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word, I will defintiely keep an eye on it. I will give it a few days and see what comes of it.  The thing that blew my mind was how it just appeared. Thanks for putting a worry wart at ease.. for the moment :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
They normally will not appear until the PM of the day of the shot to about 3 days later.  They generally take about 4 days to go away...It sometimes helps to have the vaccinations given on the hip area instead of the scruff....For sure the next time you go for shots let them know and they can add something to the vaccine to keep it from happening again! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts