Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chelsea (15 weeks) is a very nervous wee puppy...she gets excited to see u but you cant go to her she backs away from u. she has to come to u after u reassuring her to keep coming towards you. she barks and growls at dogs...she has done this day one when i took her homeat 12 weeks...is this a nervous thing with her as well? i am planning on taking her to training classes. i want to have a bond with her like i do with my rottie sasha...me and sasha just have that bond ..my aunt suggested to spend at least 15 mins with sasha on her on and at least 15 minutes with chelsea no her own that way she isnt fighting with sasha to get in about me. any other suggestions??

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just make sure you're not praising her for her nervousness, otherwise she'll think it's the correct behavior, and continue to do it. When she starts backing away, don't coddle and pet her. Ignore it. When she walks up to you, praise like crazy.

Make sure you're getting her out to see new sights, sounds and smells as well.  I normally take my dogs to any dog friendly stores constantly once they have all their shots. To get them used to people and other dogs.

My Diesel's little nubby will start going crazy as soon as we pull up to petsmart. Then he has to check out and say hello to every person inside, before he'll pick a new toy out. lol

If your rottie is good around people, take them both out, so Chelsea can see how she behaves, and hopefully mimic that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts