Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am taking my Boxer Ellie to the vet tomorrow but I am wondering how concerned I should be.  I noticed a dime sized circular rash around a raised bite or sting on my boxer's stomach yesterday.  It has faded a lot today, but I wasnt sure what it could be.  I called the vet and they said maybe a bite or a sting, probably not Lyme's because dogs dont really get the bullseye rash when they get Lyme's.  Has anyone ever experienced this?

Kristin

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I haven't but I'm a first time boxer owner. There are plenty of more experienced boxer owner on here that should hopefully have good tips! Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dont know either, new boxer for me too, But as Mastray said, there are really good advise givers here! Welcome to the forum! We are suckers for puppy pics, How old is Ellie?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is 2...thanx for the welcome..... I have a gallery album.  How do I add her pic at the bottom of my posts?

·
Registered
214 Posts
use the edit signature button when you edit your profile, it will walk you through it. everything has to be a certian size, wo you may have to re-size the image.  :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It sounds like a spider bite. I've never seen one on a boxer, but I had one on my leg and it was just what you described. It was a tiny hole in the middle surrounded by a raised circular hive looking bump.  :?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have found 5 of these types bumps/rashes on my Boxer. They are all located on his stomach area and in the crevis with in his rear legs. It doesnt seem to phase him but going to the Vet today. Will pass info along for any others with similar type issues.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Sounds to me like bee stings.  Mine get them quite often especially in the groin area for some reason.  That must be where it is easiest for the little buggers to sting them.  I put on a dab of "First Bite" available at Walmart or outdoor stores.  It really helps them go down faster.  Just make sure you don't put on too much as they tend to like to lick it off.  

Nano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts