Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i just posted this but my net cut out so if there are two threads on this topic feel free to delete on mods. Anyway Ive read a lot of good things on bully sticks and so when i went to the pet store i bought some for maverick as well as zukes mini naturals and canidae. so happy i found a store that sells the things that are good for maverick. Anyway i was wondering if it was ok to give them to maverick as a treat to keep him occupied in his crate while im at school. The pet store lady said she didnt think a dog was supposed to be left unattended with them but he loves them so im curious if anyone has tried them as a crate treat.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Donya, I wouldn't leave one in if unattended...IMO anyway. Just in case he chokes on part of it or tries to eat it all in one! The only think I leave in Sadie's crate when we're gone are frozen kongs...Glad he likes the bully sticks  :)
We use Zukes mini naturals...is that the kind of treats you bought? They are great for training because they are small!

Last time at the pet store we bought a Zukes Ridge edible dental chew bone and let me tell you they are awesome!! The bone lasted for 4 days for about 45mins each day of hardcore chewing! And that's the medium sized one. No additives and great ingredients...check them out!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I havent given bully sticks either, but i dont think i would leave maverick alone with it strictly b/c of the possibility of choking.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm i though as much, at least he gets a lot of entertainment from it all day long. Alexis, yea we got the mini naturals and they had a lot of the zukes brand stuff there as well as a ton of other stuff i would have bought if i hadnt controlled myself. Everytime i go in there i spend at LEAST $30 on extras i shouldnt but since Travis has been busy with work and stuff lately me and Maverick have been spending a lot of alone time together and I think all the extra tors and treats help him when he is missing his daddy.

I would recommend the bully sticks...they kind of look like a giant peice of beef jerky.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The only thing I leave is a kong.  I've witnessed Oggie choking on all kinds of seemingly harmless treats and chews.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We got Cosmo some bully sticks a couple days ago. He loves to eat them down halfway, then kind of gives up on them. Man do they stink when they're all wet and mashed up...

It will keep him occupied for about 1.5 hours, though... He is a smart boy, so we don't really monitor him 100% when he's going to town on one.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
When bully sticks are chemically processed they stink, I always get the natural one, no order.   I do not give my dogs them unattended.  Its hard because when they get to the end, it poses as a choking hazzard.  Best to treat as recreational, and supervised.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wouldn't leave a bully stick in the crate with him while your away.  Blue has a tendancy to choke on everything!  Once they get too small we have to take things away from him.  He has choked on pig ears, raw hide, greenies, etc.  Even when we are home with him we have to constantly watch him with everything....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
http://www.bullysticks.com/

Our Bully Sticks are available in a wide variety of sizes and types. Whether you're looking to please the littlest dog or the largest, we can help. Our Bully Sticks are the best quality available. Bully Sticks are 100% all natural dog treats, 100% digestible and low in fat. Bully Sticks are better for your dog than rawhide chews. Bully Sticks are an excellent way to reduce tartar build up. Bully Sticks are also a great way to satisfy your dogs desire to chew!

Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.

We're more than just Bully Sticks and dog chews, we have a wide variety of items sure to make any dog happy - ours sure are! All of our products are guaranteed. If your dogs are not happy, simply let us know and we'll do everything we can to please them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts