Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got Allie the Bumble Ball and she loves it.  It is a ball that vibrates around on the floor and so will go in different directions.  She had a great time chasing it and growling it.  She finally figured out how to pick it up and it vibrated her head.  she looked like a real live bobble head!  Anyway, I thought I'd recommend it for those who are looking for a new toy for the furbaby.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah would love something like that.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The reviews on amazon make it sound pretty dangerous for a dog (small rubber pieces that come off, motor inside, etc)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I got that for Lola.....she LOVED it, but you have to stay right by their side when playing with it.  I went in the kitchen for 1 second and when I came back she had one of the cap things bitten off.  Sadly the bumble ball went right in the trash....she cried...seriously she really whined and whined at the trash barrel!  I'm a mean mom!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Boxer_man_Rich\";p=\"78644 said:
How durable is it? Have any videos?
I LOVED IT! Odin LOVED IT TOO! BUT destroyed it the very same day! So if your dogs destructive I wouldn't recommend it... unless you have $10 to throw away. I couldn't believe it cuz' it seemed so durable to me!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
bumble balls have been around for atleast 15 yrs BUT for kids...i remember my brother & sister having them and they came in different sizes..they are a riot and some even have a laughing voice..they also come in animals like a bumble cat dog or rabbit i think..

if they are making it the same way for dogs...i can see it getting ripped to shreds quickly...but it REALLY WOULD BE A RIOT TO HAVE FOR A DOG IF YOU STAY RIGHT WITH THEM,,,

they are really really funny...

heres the site that explains it..they even say it can be dangerous for the dog if not watched...but its sooooo worth it if you watch them b/c it really is a riot

BUMBLE BALL EXPLANATION AND PICS

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
so is it still something for children or is it also made and marketed for dogs now?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
that link i posted has it for both...or atleast talks about it for both... :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"78739 said:
bumble balls have been around for atleast 15 yrs BUT for kids...i remember my brother & sister having them and they came in different sizes..they are a riot and some even have a laughing voice..they also come in animals like a bumble cat dog or rabbit i think..

if they are making it the same way for dogs...i can see it getting ripped to shreds quickly...but it REALLY WOULD BE A RIOT TO HAVE FOR A DOG IF YOU STAY RIGHT WITH THEM,,,

they are really really funny...

heres the site that explains it..they even say it can be dangerous for the dog if not watched...but its sooooo worth it if you watch them b/c it really is a riot

BUMBLE BALL EXPLANATION AND PICS
Yeah... I remember being little and my grandmother had one in her toy chest at her house. They are loads of fun... even more so with boxers... but good grief he chewed it up while it was shaking in his mouth!! He's SOOO DESTRUCTIVE. I told hubby that it would be great and it'll last and I'll keep an eye on him and it will be put away when not played with. I did ALL THAT... and he killed it anyway.  :cry:

I don't know why I was surprised!? lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry it took so long for me to reply.  I got Allie's from www.jbpet.com She's not a hard chewer but she wore it out enough that the batteries died.  One of the caps inside a cap came off and got stuck between the ball and motor but it was easy to replace.  We watched with her because the caps can come off and if she were to really chew on it, she could rip the caps apart.

Sadly, no video of her with it.  I wish I did, she had a blast with it.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
My son had a bumble ball when he was a baby.  I would turn it on and he would just hold it and let it shake him. :lol:

They sell them at the PetsMart here for $15.  I wouldn't dare get it for Henry.  I'm affraid he'd break something . . . another tooth, a window! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts