Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Abby to the vet last week...she has had a growing welt on her belly. The test came back ok, and we were told that it will fall off on it's own after 2 or 3 months. But in the last week, it has continued to grow. The center looks a little scabby, the outskirts look stretched out and red and it is by today almost the size of a dime and a little over a half inch tall. She's not sensitive to it at all...we can fiddle with it to check it and she's fine, no flinching or anything. i called the vet today and they said to come back in as it has continued to grow...
Any ideas what this might be? (It started as a pimple type thing about 5 weeks ago).

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Could be anything. But, with boxers you always want to check their lumps and bumps to make sure it is nothing serious.
Sounds kinda like a spider bite to me. Have your vet check it and biopsy it just to make sure. Let us know what it is.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
AbbyandBrady\";p=\"3056 said:
Do spiders bites get bigger like that by the day?
Some can. I would suggest a vet check just to rule out anything serious. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have to agree with Tootsie on this...Since it's getting larger, that is a concern...Better to be a bit of an alarmist and bug your vet all the time, than have something bad happen....I'd have him check it out as it's changed so much...It very well could be nothing, but I would want to know.....

Keep us posted ok? Give Abby a big hug for me

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Does she lick it all the time?  It could be a lick granuloma.  Our last pup had one on his foot.  It took forever to get it well.
Good luck.
Zhanna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts