Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet another question (first time dog owner he he)  so our Maple is a ball of super charged energy and gallops and leaps around the house and the yard any chance she gets she occasionally runs into things slips of a few stairs bumps corners etc... she never squeals and never seems to be effected by any of it very much, today though she leapt of a couple stairs at my parents' house and bumped head first into a corder of another wooden stair, she didn't squeel and after a min went back to exploring the house but she did get a little bump above her eye (thank god it missed her eye!) and I'm wondering if these sort of bumps are normal for boxer puppies, since they are so energetic is it just a matter of time till they acquire a collection of these? at which point should we be concerned or what should we watch out for?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke is always doing stuff like that.  Once he was running to get inside and miss the opening to the door and ran into the door.  He did get his jaw stuck in the crate last week and got a bump underneath his chin but it has went down.  I would just watch it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well as they do the 'boxer burn' most times they end up hitting things. I don't even know if they really feel the pain until afterwards

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lola was running around with her boxer friends and went underneath a parked pickup truck and kinda hid, she then jumped up to run after the other dogs and in the process hit her head on the bottom side of the trailer hitch.  She got three scrapes which took off a little fur, luckily it all grew back.  But ya, they can make you nervous the way they run around can't they?!?!  I'm always telling Lola to slow down and be careful as if she knows what I'm talking about, haha.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: like clockwork every night about 10 pm Isis and Onyx get going...smashing into walls, up and down the stairs...sliding on the wood floors down stairs.. and they are both 6...lol  :roll: then the cat gets involved and its ON...the 3 of them are non stop for about an hour then all lay down together and pass out...EVERY night !! haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sidney does this spin leap and usually loses her balance when she lands.  She has bumped her head wayyy too many times.  She is **WILD**.   I thought my weim had a lot of energy till I got Sidney !!!! :D

They drive me bananas wrestling **NON-STOP**.  I don't necessarily care if the wrestle.... I just wish they wouldn't wrestle ON ME !!!  :p

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha ha thanks that makes me feel better  :lol: she does go crazy in her crate pretty much every night, she starts to bite and toss around the blankets in there and in the process slams her head and her whole body against sides of the crate, this is while the crate is unlocked so it's not that she is rebelling he he

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
HAHA...at a year old Fiona still runs into the wall and is bad about hitting the side of doors when she mis-judges how fast she is going :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Lucy has scratches and cuts constantly from she and Sam rough housing. But it never phases her in the least, she is right back up and playing -she is one tough cookie, I tell you!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
When Jessie was about 3 months old, she ran and tried to jump on the couch!  Well she never made it onto the couch...  she bounced off and into the coffee table... and got up like nothing happened.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ha ha maple tries that too and most of the time she just falls on her back, but if the vacuum is on then she leaps on to the bed no problem (she is terrified of the vaccum for some reason)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts