Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing it a lot lately and since the beginning when I was using BBS over 2400 baud modems, the idea has been frowned upon.  I don't consider wikipedia a definitive source but I will say this article explains it pretty well and since there is no real netiquette handbook around, this is the best we have.
Personally, if I have something to post, I will post it and bumping the thread will not cause me to have something to say.

Here is the link for anyone who didn't know or doesn't understand what I am saying.
Wikipedia Bump

Edited to get url to work.  I guess wikipedia links dont work in url tag. odd

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i have no problem with the bump... if i posted a thread that got stuck where no one saw it and i want people to see it i will bump it... there is way to much bitching on this forum lateley

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I guess I agree and disagree, sometimes a post gets pushed back so far that people do not notice it or read that far back.  Just depends on how many are online at the time.  I also think that with so many new members and if the post is important it isn't annoying to bump.  I guess instead of saying "bump" we could just reply something and it would have the same effect  :) .

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not have considered this bitching but merely educational.  Though I do agree that there has been way too much bitching lately.  I can't count the number of times I have almost deleted my account in the past couple months.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"96704":k3retuqx]I would not have considered this bitching but merely educational.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't mind bumps too much as long as they're reasonable.  Sometimes you'll get someone that posts a topic at 12:30, bumps it at 12:45, then at 12:50 gets upset and says, "What?  Nobody knows the answer???!?!"

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think bumps have their place, especially in forums that don't have sticky capabilities.  (For instance, I visit the MSN Money forums fairly often, where stickying isn't an option.  There are a couple of highly valuable threads that really should stay at least on the first page of posts, so they are regularly bumped to keep them there.)  In most cases these days stickying is the better option, when it's available.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
On these forums, there's a top 7, then a next 7.. all the new stuff is up front, and red. It makes it very easy to find unread posts here.
Other forums have different setups, so bumps may be needed. but here? nope.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Well, the point of a bump is that an older thread wouldn't show up in the most recent 7, next 7, etc. so it's bumped to bring it back to "recent" status. :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leanne\";p=\"97079 said:
I agree with JessiesMom  :roll:
Good job on forcing yet another person with a wealth of information off the forum.  I've tried to be helpful and all I have been getting back is attitude. Good luck to everybody.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I feel like everything posted needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  Don't let a post upset you enough to make you out of sorts.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Dan - I don't feel as though you've been given attitude.  I think everyone is just expressing their opinion.

I hope you're not leaving the forum because of a "bump" thing.  I like you too much! :)

p.s.
I recently "bumped" the St. Pat's thingy cause I wanted to re-up the topic from last year.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Awwwwww....Dont leave Dan!!!!!  Stay here in the mad house with us all :)  I see your point, and alot of things have seem to got heated as of late, but maybe it is the winter and now Spring is here and everyone should be happy and sunny!!!! Difference of opinions thats all....:)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Take a break if you need to Dan but don't leave us, Kiah (and me) will be heart broken not to see Ringer anymore.  I am so ready for spring, the last couple of days have been beautiful and today we are supposed to get between 6-10" of snow.  Stop teasing mother nature and lets have spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts