Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks like pimples perhaps,what type of bowls do you use? Try putting some coconut oil around his muzzle. Clean bowls daily, use stainless steel bowls, also toys harbour bacteria, I always have a toy and bedding wash day. I do wipe dukes mouth after he eats with doggy face wipes.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I've never seen it, but I would sanitize his toys and food bowls each day. These guys drool so much that we do Kai's bowls after every meal otherwise there is slobber on them. We also use ceramics bowls, or I would use stainless.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
It actually looks more like a staph infection. Time to go to the vets office but I agree with using steel food dishes and removing all rubber toys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maxx had this once. I rub coconut oil to it everyday and they just disappear and never came back. I don't know what they are though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all for your feedback! Definitely healing. We started rubbing coconut oil on his chin every night and hope it clears it up. We use stainless steel bowls that are washed every day. We definitely could do a better job cleaning his toy. Do you all use water and soap or something different?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@kacoboxers Brody definitely had a staph infection. We brought him to see his Vet because they weren't clearing up. A couple weeks of antibiotics later, our little boy is happy and healthy again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts