Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if any of you might know why my boxer has what looks like fever blisters.  Do dogs get fever blisters, and if so what can I do to get rid of them?  Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as I can find the USB cable for my camera I will upload some pics.  I thought it was just acne at first, but in the last day or two she has had a bad "breakout" under her  jowls on the side of her chin.  She is about 15 months old.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I had a boxer pup and a great dane pup that both had the same thing. Vet called it puppy acne. I can't remember if he gave us anything to put on it or not but it went away on both with no future problems.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Could be puppy acne. All of my puppies have gotten puppy acne when they were younger. They also get acne after they've been shaved for shows if I haven't cleaned my clippers recently. Try cleaning the area three times per day with witch hazel, and wash his/her mouth after meals. If feeding from plastic bowels, switch to stainless steel, as plastic can harbour bacteria.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ziggi had that too and it went away......looks pretty bad for a while and we didn't think it was going to go away but all of a sudden it did and he hasn't had it again.  His was mostly around 13months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts