Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday I was petting my boxers neck and I felt a bunch of tiny bumps under her neck and chin and i looked at them and was shocked to find them. She hasn’t itched, scratched them or even seem to notice they are there. They are little pimple like bumps and they are red. I’ve rubbed her there and she’s not itchy or anything. The only thing I can think of is when she’s in her crate she tends to drool on herself and by the time we let her put her whole jaw and under-neck is wet with her drool and maybe that is what’s irritating her? Anyone else ever had this issue?
She is a 9 month old female boxer

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You could try cleaning the area with chlorohexidine wash could be from the drooling she must be very anxious when she is in there. She's not eating or drinking out of any plastic bowls? They can harbor bacteria

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try cleaning the area with chlorohexidine wash could be from the drooling she must be very anxious when she is in there. She's not eating or drinking out of any plastic bowls? They can harbor bacteria
Yeah she is a bit stressed when she is in her crate, and no she eats and drinks out of metal pet bowls, and is that a special pet shampoo?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
There is a chlorohexidine wash you can get at the Vets and there is chlorhexidine in those wipes you can buy called "wrinkle wipes" I use them on my dogs faces and ears.

·
Registered
59 Posts
May be an allergic reaction to something. Scout had similar red bumps/rash on her neck and chin until we figured out that she was allergic to chicken. Gone now, by does reappear if she eats a hybiscus flower. Her favorite!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just yesterday I was petting my boxers neck and I felt a bunch of tiny bumps under her neck and chin and i looked at them and was shocked to find them. She hasn’t itched, scratched them or even seem to notice they are there. They are little pimple like bumps and they are red. I’ve rubbed her there and she’s not itchy or anything. The only thing I can think of is when she’s in her crate she tends to drool on herself and by the time we let her put her whole jaw and under-neck is wet with her drool and maybe that is what’s irritating her? Anyone else ever had this issue?
She is a 9 month old female boxer View attachment 136757
It is probably Histiocytoma that boxers get between the age of 6 and 9 months. My female boxer got it when she was 6 months old. I cleaned the area then applied 10% Povidone Iodine solution (Betadine) 3 times a day. It was gone in 2 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts