Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Rocky always does the burn outs around the house and outside. I was just wondering if any one else's boxer will do the scratching with the hind paws before the burn outs - Rocky does it all the time, including right after he drinks some water or eats some of his food (not every time, but a majority of it, haha). Just wondering if anyone knows what this gesture means and if their pup does it all the time too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Are you referring to it looks like a horse pawing kinda? Scratching the ground with the back feet? Dogs have sweat glands in their paw pads and with the males especially, that's a way for them to mark their territory...Angel always thinks when she sees Samson do that it means he wants to play with her... :rofl:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's not pawing like a horse would - it's like he's scratching his back feet against the ground as if he was about to charge..? Don't know if that makes any more sense, haha. He does it right after he poops too most of the time (and occassionally when he pees). I just thought it was weird that he's started doing it when he eats or drinks  :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lillyzmomma\";p=\"16028 said:
That sounds like he's marking.

Liz and Lilly
That's what I was figuring, he just seems all excited when he does it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ive only seen Roxy do this once!! LOL The other dog(chow chow) does it all the time! I mean everytime she pees lol Sometimes she will even go like 25 feet then realize she forgot to do it and start doing it then

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yup that's definitely marking, Samson does it all the time!! Such a manly man..lol..Males do seem to do it more, my females never have...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts