Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange it seems they take turns doing this. A couple my dogs will burp within an hour after drinking water and bring up some food.. The dont really expect anything . You know when they are going to punk they open their mouth and kinda retch awhile.... it isnt like that... they just all of a sudden have food and wter spill from their mouth afetr a good burp...

Anyone else have this happen and can guess why?

Ohh and yesterday onr of mine did vomit up what looked like yellow snot wit was thick like runny nose.... I think he is getting a cold.... any idea on that..?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I find Sadie will sometimes vomit up her food..not often, just once every couple of months..I put it down to maybe we had given her a new treat that day or eating too fast. We nipped the eating too fast problem in the bud by putting a toy in her bowl to slow her down.

Also, the green snotty type things sounds like bile, was it on an empty stomach? Or could be a cold I'm not sure..maybe Sharon will chyme in with some better suggestions.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The yellowish vomit could be bile, like sadiesmom said it usually is b/c of an empty stomach.  It has happened a couple times with Delilah before, usually in the morning before being fed. I just make sure she gets a biscuit or small portion of food before bed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright that makes scense. It would be happening when it does on an empty stomach.

Do you think that maybe if they drink water to fast that they can spit the food up? it has a watery base to it...

ALL my dogs seem to challenge each other even when sepoerated to see who can drink their water the fastest.. cant get them to slow down...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If you dog eat too fast of drinks to fast, the stomach can reject some of it causing them to vomit.  

Hunger pukes is normally bile or foam siliva and usually in the am if the dog has not had anything in their tummy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on... Thanks everyone who answered this really answeres both Questions I had..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts