Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my two insist upon burying their food dishes?!  Does anyone elses boxers do this?  I am just curious.....is this normal?  They will bury it wait a few minutes and then unbury it like it was; "look I found my food"!!!  Can you all tell I have been home sick all week......hehehehe.

Herbies like where did it go?

Oh there it is.......

This is Maggies she didn't think I would find it

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That pic of Herbie is adorable!  Mine two are both piggys and try to start eating before I even put their bowls down so haven't had either one try to bury their food yet. But they do love to bury raw bones in their sandbox! BTW hope you are feeling better  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
No Kiah and Keegan both wolf there food down when they are told they can have it.  Herbie is so cute looking for his food.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's kind of funny cause he buried it, I was like what buddy did you lose something?......lol

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
lol that's too funny, Maple is too eager to get to her food so she doesn't do that, but she'll bury her nylablones under her bed in the crate and then takes about 20 mins to dig it up lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bruce takes his food, chewies, toys, and kong and buries them under his bed in the kennel.  After doing this he decides that they would be better buried under the other side, so he digs them up and puts them on the other end of the crate.  This process takes ~ 2 hours from start to completion.  Then he sleeps and digs them up one at a time and plays with them until boredom sets in and digs another out until he has gone through them all and the items are strewn all over his kennel.  He then proceeds to repeat all of this over again.  I go dig them up before bedtime, due to the fact this whole process sounds like a tornado.
-Rich

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
[quote="1boxer\";p=\"114581":29nq2w2r]Bruce takes his food, chewies, toys, and kong and buries them under his bed in the kennel.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
No, cant say Bubba and Dixie bury there food dishes! I had a beagle that use too though lol. Now Dixie can drive someone nuts playing with her bowls...clunk...clunk...clunk....and than scratches them and throws them...gosh! LOL Shed rather play with stuff that isnt her toys lol. Okay, sorry went off topic...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You're not alone on this one. Phoenix does it too. She'll push her dishes under the bottom of the counter and hide treats under blankets if she doesn't want to eat them yet.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="1boxer\";p=\"114581":1hbnax4o]Bruce takes his food, chewies, toys, and kong and buries them under his bed in the kennel.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bib will "cover up" his food with imaginary dirt if he's sick of it...weirdo. :roll:

xoxo

J

·
Registered
439 Posts
Penny will do the same as Bibby. But then she will look around for it as if she can't see it and whine for more. About ten mins later she will "find" it and eat like its going out of style. She is crazy sometimes. I think it happens more when we are getting to the bottom of the food bin and/or the yogurt container.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
divajulia\";p=\"114732 said:
Bib will "cover up" his food with imaginary dirt if he's sick of it...weirdo. :roll:
Zulu does that too . . . :lol:  and then ends up tipping all over the floor or squashing it in the the skirting boards or door frame, thats of course on the days that he doesnt scoff the lot as soon as the bowls on the floor :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts