Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Re: Bye bye Hector's "testimonials"!

Aaawww, bless him.  He must have known something was going on.
He's so cute.
We'll keep him in our prayers till we know it went well!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

Ahhhh poor guy.  He will be fine and be home soon.  Do they keep them over night there?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nope, they'll ring me and let me know what time I can pick him up.  The vet actually just rang me there, I saw the caller ID and was like "Oh No, what's happened??? It's far too soon for him to be awake" but she was just ringing to ask about a note the other vet had on his file about a clicking in his leg that we had mentioned before.  She had manipulated it while he was under the anaesthetic and it felt fine to her, but she wanted to check with me whether he was displaying any stiffness or favouring one leg over the other and if he was, she was going to x-ray his hips while she had him under.  He doesn't show any signs of lameness, though, so she said she didn't feel the need to x-ray at this stage, and just to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Good Luck Hector! I'm sure he'll be just fine. He is looking great btw!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Good luck Hector!!! Keeping him in my thoughts Eimear..Hector outweighs Tink now? Dang, he's growing like a weed... :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Good luck Hector!  He looks so sad like he's just knows what's about to happen!  Poor guy!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

Good Luck Hector...

Testimonials --  LMAO!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well, the vet just rang me and Hector is coming around fine, but she wants to keep him overnight  :(

She said he has some oozing around the scrotal sac site, which apparently is quite common in larger breeds, but she feels that he would get quite excited when he sees us and that any excited movements, no matter how small, would cause his wound to fill up with fluid.  So he's staying in overnight to let it drain totally.  My poor baba! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Good luck Hector!  I remember dropping Charlie off for the snip-snip.  We'd decided we did not intend on breeding him, so we did this as a precaution.  I remember leaving the vets feeling sad, I'm a guy and I couldn't help but feel that Charlie would be po'd cause we'd taken his boys.  Well I picked him up the next day, and the little bugger was happy to see me, giddy, so don't worry, he'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

He is very beautiful.  Duke gives me those looks when I'm not giving him the attention he thinks he deserves.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

thechampishere\";p=\"44613 said:
my vet scheduled an apt for champ to get his done this month but hes only 4 months is this too young?
I don't think so. I say the earlier the better. It helps to avoid the unwanted behaviors such as humping and marking.  It is a personal decision when to do it. Some vets say 6 months, some say 4, some say later, it depends on who you ask!  :wink:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"44604":33b5a02z], but she feels that he would get quite excited when he sees us and that any excited movements, no matter how small, would cause his wound to fill up with fluid.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts