Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patch is at the Vet getting his tail docked... He keeps hitting it on stuff and we are afraid he will hurt it...

I will post pics once he is home later today.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope all goes well with the dock. Let us know how he does after the surgery. Healing and positive vibes being sent for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! we appreciate it. I will definitely keep you all updated.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Patch is getting a nub, heal quickly.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Good luck Patch....Sending lots of positive vibes for a good and easy surgery and recovery :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
good luck patch!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That will not be a problem, he is pretty much spoiled :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good Luck!! Hope all goes great and heals quickly!!

That's what I was told a good while back... that boxers get their tails docked because their rear goes so crazy... they hit it on everything and some times it can cause SERIOUS injury. I know that's not really the true reason for it... but it sure seems to be a good one! LOL

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were going to keep his tail but as much as he hits it on things we decided to dock it.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good... I know some people think it cruel but I think it's fine. I mean I SWEAR... if Odin had a tail he would have broke it months ago!!! That wiggle butt just goes like 80 mph and just wouldn't be safe! LOL For him or ME... or my home! LMAO

·
Registered
374 Posts
it's definitely rough on the home and people...actually our home is fine, since it's tail proofed...it's other people's homes that are dangerous, lol

G

·
0 Posts
whats the oldest a dog can be before it cannot be docked? All mine were done as a baby...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I didn't think there was an age limit... it's just done when they are babies because it's easier and heals faster... less painful... and they can't mess with it. Just like circumcision on baby boys. It can be done as an adult but is EXTREMELY rare along with PAINFUL and is a much bigger ordeal!!! LOL

Though I'm sure you wouldn't want it done when your dog is like 10 yrs old or something. I think once they get to a certain size or age it's considered amputation too. Which is pretty much what it is when little... just a faster process... okay... I'll shut up now. lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE:: Patch's tail is 'seeping' so the vet is keeping him overnight... he is doing fine, he is out cold :) they just want to make sure everything is cool before he comes home.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts