Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my second dog which is a Dachshund/Shih Tzu breed. I had him for almost 3months. a week ago before he died he was not well. I run him to the nearest vet to get some help. The vet injected him with a vaccine ad deworming. I don't know what happened but Uno doesn't like to eat and is so helpless. until he died after 3days.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Oh crap., I am so sorry. :(

Sometimes, Crap just happens? And there is nothing we can do? But at least he did not pass alone and afraid, and yeah that is not much ... but it is something. Take Care and sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh crap., I am so sorry. :(

Sometimes, Crap just happens? And there is nothing we can do? But at least he did not pass alone and afraid, and yeah that is not much ... but it is something. Take Care and sorry for your loss. :(
Yeah, we havent had a long time together. I have my one dog he's 1yr and 7months with me now. so clingy and stubborn sometimes. lol. Have you heard about TPLO surgeries?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
TPLO surgery is a "thing." And other than expense ... not that a big deal. But with a Boxer? The usual w with a Boxer, the usual anesthetic, can "Kill Them!" And that would be "Ace," see here.

Lot's of nut's and bolt's here but near as I can tell ... if a vet that knows what they are doing has to use "ACE," on a "Boxer," they use 30 percent less than the usual amount. It is a "Herder dog Gene?" And it should effect GSD's also but it does not seem to?

Now as to as to what happened to "Uno," I have no idea? But a " Dachshund/Shih Tzu," that is a dog that I would excpet to live 15 years or more? Why you would Vaccinate a dog with "issues?" I have no idea? But I would not go back to that "Vet," for anything! Now most likely your dog was the one in a "million, that had an issue with the Vaccine? But that aside, why would you Vaccinate a dog having issues? I am not a Vet? But that makes zero sense to me? That guy almost certainly "killed," your dog? :(

And I would most certainly not go back to him again ... to see if he can do better? He "F"ed" up and killed a "Dachshund/Shih Tzu," mix as far as I am concerned? Let him get better, on other peoples dog!

I don't play ... many. many years when I finally got my Struddell fixed. I was terrified to have her put under! But I spoke to the "Vet," and said "NO ACE!" Now I don't want he used instead ... but it did take more of it to put her under then the norm? And she was fine.

Had he said we only use ACE, I 'd have said Bye! But live and learn and now I know that 30 percent less of the "normal amount ACE, seems to work just fine for Boxers? But you know ... how many Vet's know that?

But as to your question on the TPLO? I have no experience? But putting Boxer's under is a big deal? And I would most certainly not go back to the guy that already "killed (maybe?" Your other dog. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're right. I will never go back to them. But I kept the vaccine card that has a picture and a record of my late dog :( However, I have another dog who is like a son to me too. he's 1yr and 7mos with us. May I ask what the cause of TPLO is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts