Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 year old female boxer and looking to add another boxer to our household. My preference is another female but I’ve read that 2 females together would not be good. Can anyone share any insight.

·
Registered
621 Posts
There are many many posts on here about people having problems with females some people do make it work but alot of people are faced with fights and the stress of trying to keep the peace in their homes and the anguish of having to rehome one of the dogs they love so I don't recommend it. I have always had two Boxers male/female combo and have never had a real fight happen so please think carefully. Females can be alot worse than males when it comes to dominance.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Not usually, from what I've gathered once they reach maturity whether or not spayed they each want to be dominant. This leads to fighting. There have been several threads on here where people have had to keep them in separate parts of home gated off or have had to rehome one. Two males both neutered not a problem or a combo male/female, would work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad that you're reaching out before you made the decision, please read the other posts on having two mature female boxers.
Having two boxers is 3 times as fun, but just 2 females doesn't work.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
LOL ... I saw the title and my first thought ... "was Oh No, not again and so soon???"

But upon further reading ... I saw "Researching the possibility??" So kudos, to you! :)

And I get the, "appeal," of the girl's myself cuz, if one is great then two should be "greater!"

And for the most part, if one start's with a puppy. It is great, for about 12 to 18 month's (Sexual maturity) and no it won't matter if both are "fixed.") And then all "Hell Break's Loose???"

And sure "some people," can and have, "Multiple Female's," but not that many?? It's just not a good plan for "most," people.

It's is a much better plan to learn from the mistakes of other's ... than it is to reinvent the wheel, as it were.

Hm, I can go on and on, ... uh anyway. I'd start with three most common mistakes people that have "serious dog's," with conflict almost always make??

But most likely ... I already listed them in here??

·
Super Moderator
7,042 Posts
I will not place two female dogs in the same home. Some people do not have any issues and to be honest this is purely luck. It is not how they are raised or whatever other Mumbo jumbo that you hear.

Females are notorious for holding grudges and once they fight, they will always fight. So why risk it?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Sigh .. well that just's "continued," crappy new's for me! As I "know better." Marilyn screwed me over with our Bella (Boxer/Pit) and thus far she seems, to double down on typical Boxer crazy!

And I already know all the "Structured Management," stuff one would need to have done to at least have a chance before hand? And I have not done any of it! Short sighted on my part I suppose??

And I'm not much a fan of "Dumb luck??" So I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a Boy Boxer?? Which is kinda odd for me, cuz I was always a male dog kinda guy. But my Struddell won my heart. :)

But yes in "Boxer Land," two female's, is just not a good idea. And sheer dumb luck ... is not much of a plan??? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts