Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
So a few nights ago my door-bell rings about 2 in the morning. I came to find a box on my porch with a very unhappy little guy in it, way to young (I think) to be away from its mom. I need some help, some friends have assured be that he is some form of boxer, possibly a mini boxer. I was wonder if someone with more experience with boxers could take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
He does look as though he is Boxer, but he is VERY young.  If I were you I would put him on puppy formula and take him to the vet.  Best of luck and keep us posted.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am giving him formula, and he is doing pretty good. Meaning, he is active when he is awake, digestion seems to be good and regular. I unfortunately, being a student, am very broke, so I immediately started looking for people who would like to give him a home. I think I have found some but my wife is getting attached. But if he is going to be a big dog there is just no way that we can keep him. That is why I was hoping someone could give me a guess on how big they thought he would get. If he is all out regular boxer, there is just no way that we can keep him. But if he is notg oing to get any bigger than some of the mini-boxers I have seen online, it might be doable.

Thanks for any help,

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He does look like a boxer, maybe about 4 weeks or so, which means he could possibly be when grown abt 75 lbs....Good luck on finding a home for him and glad you are taling care of that little guy...

By the way, there aren't any such animal as a mini boxer... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Such a sweetie, I hope you find a good home for him.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow, why would some one ding-dong-ditch and leave a puppy?  :?  What did they do with the rest of the puppies?  Did any of your neighbors wake up with a pup in a box?

He does look like a boxer.  What does the vet say?  What about a local boxer rescue or no-kill shelter?

Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the vet thought that he was Pit Bull - but I have looked at tons of pictures online and I just do not see and resemblance. She guessed about 3 weeks old and that he would end up about 30 pounds.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
No no that dog is going to be big.  Why are you concerned about the size?  Do you live in an apartment?  I read online that boxers make excellent apartment dogs since they tolerate indoors better than outdoors.  Heat isn't good for them, causes them to have trouble breathing and the winter isn't good either because of their fur being so fine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It deff. looks like a boxer and I would also say its going to end up weighing between 60-75lbs. Good lucks

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It may be a boxer mix but looks like a boxer.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't think the breed matters as much as the fact that the puppy is way to young to be left on a door step.  At least the ((&(@#$%^ didn't just kill the pup.  I'd worry more about finding the right formula for him or a foster mom that perhaps a kindly vet or breeder to take care of him.  At that age he probably needs help even going to the bathroom (the mother dog licking him to stimulate evacuation), etc.  It's a full time job for a such a wee baby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really appreciate your help. The little guy is doing great, he is eating, pooping and growing every day. I think that you are right that he is going to get big, so with a heavy heart, I have decided to give him to a friend is very anxious to give him a good home. The problem is I am in law school and just don't have time or space to take care of any dog really, of any size. But he will be in good hands and in a few months the mystery of what he is will hopefully be revealed. Your advise was very helpful, thanks again.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww, I am happy to hear the little guy is going to a good home. Kudos to you for helping him this far!   :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear that you found a home for him and doubly glad you took him in in the first place....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad you found a good home for him and since it is a friend you get to visit  :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Glad to hear you found him a home... and even more so that you've put so much care and consideration into him thus far! I think he looks ALL boxer... maybe not pure but looks like a boxer pup to me. Boxer's get confused with pitbulls all the time... just shocked a vet would do it.

ANYWAY... good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts