Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brodi started having loose stool since yesterday afternoon but this morning its just liquid. I just started giving him salmon oil 2 days ago and only a small amount to start him off. He had a fecal done 2 weeks ago and it came back fine. I'm gonna give him boiled chicken and rice for the next 24 hrs to hopefully settle his stomach but Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Chloe seems to do just fine with it.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah didn't have any problems, but she is older than Brodi so maybe it will take awhile for him to get used to it.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Maddie had issues with the Salmon Oil. She got diarrhea from it. Of course, any change in her diet will give her the squirts.  8O  I couldn't stomach the smell of the oil so I just stopped giving it to her anyway. But, yes to answer your question the oil can upset the stomach.  :?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think some dogs don't do well with alot of fat in their diet.  Oil would add to the total fat intake.  Have you tried just adding some fish to get the same results.  It provides the Omega 3.  I supplemented with low sodium tuna, packed in water.  I also rinsed it in hot water first, but we had to feed a very low-fat diet.  You can also poach fish.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It could be that Brodi is a wee bit too young yet for that Shari...Mine haven't had any issues, but maybe you could try a smaller amount, or a bit of sardines or tuna?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's been a little over 24 hrs on boiled chicken and rice and his poop still has very little form to it. He acts fine tho..no vomiting, eats like there is no tomorrow and running around like a wild boy. He is also teething so maybe that is contributing to it? I have no clue but if he's no better by tomorrow off to the vet we go.. :?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hmmm, seems to me I remember that when they are teething runny poo is pretty normal....That very well could be the cause Shari...But maybe hold off on the Salmon Oil for a bit til you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts