Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone that knows what they are doing could please grade this for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Chicken, chicken meal, egg product, cracked pearled barley, ground rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), millet, potatoes, tomato pomace, natural chicken flavor, ocean fish meal, flaxseed, salmon oil (source of DHA), choline chloride, dried chicory root, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, tomatoes, blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, yucca schidigera extract, L-Carnitine, Enterococcus faecieum, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Saccharomyces cerevesiae fermentation solubles, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I wouldn't use it just because it has "dried skim milk" in it.  Milk is a big allergen and digestive irritant in dogs.  I am also a VERY firm brliever that if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't put it in your dog.  

There is a sticky in the Boxer Belly section that helps you grade your food.  You should look there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I agree that you should check out the food grading post BUT you should also consider your dog.   Some dogs won't eat the high rated foods or don't do well on them because they are too rich.  You should ask for samples from your local pet/feed stores and see how your dog likes them, how they do on them (you can also buy a smaller bag to start with), etc.  We had one of our boxers who didn't want to eat any of the dog foods we gave her (high, low or mid grade foods).  We finally found one that she LOVES and is doing amazing on.  Both of our babies eat is and are doing fantastic.  If I had went by the grading system and was only considering the A rated foods I would have never tried this food (I think it actually got an F) it isn't a cheap purina type food either.   Everyone is concerned about allergies that some of the food items can cause but not all boxers have those allergies, just like all humans are not allergic to peanuts, milk, etc.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As mentioned, there is a stickey on grading foods.  Thankfully mine was already done...I would still be figuring if I did it myself...what brand of food is this you listed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts