Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Trupanion Reviews- NOTE- at the botton of the page, be sure to read the 14 "filtered" reviews if you're interested.
Trupanion Pet Insurance - Ballard - Seattle, WA

I want everybody on here to be informed about Trupanion as recently several people on the forum have expressed an interest in pet insurance for their Boxers. I bought a policy about a week ago for Bella, but i've decided to cancel it.

After reading their policy carefully, it almost seems too good to be true. The problem I have is the fact that they raise rates "in conjunction with changing costs of veterinary care in your region." According to the reviews in the link below, many people experienced premium increases at 50-70%!

I've decided to cancel for the following reason: The rate they quoted me for Bella is 35.55/month. Doesn't seem that bad, right? But say 12 months goes by and they raise my premium to 65.00/month, and I decide to cancel. They've gotten 12 payments out of me (totaling 426.60) for basically nothing. They did this to Paxton here on the forum, as well as many people in the "filtered" reviews in the link above.

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH I'm back to shopping for insurance.

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
I know several people on Trupanion here in Ontario who absolutely love it! They have been on it for approx. 2 yrs and their rates have never gone up. Perhaps this is just an issue in the US?

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Same policy applies to cars!

Good luck finding a fixed fee insurance.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm with Trupanion and don't have any problems ... are things different between the U.S.A & Canada?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with Trupanion and don't have any problems ... are things different between the U.S.A & Canada?
I am not having any problems with them, I bought a policy about 10 days ago after doing extensive reading and research online but am having second thoughts. There are many reviews online that talk about rates doubling after one year so I called them today and spoke to them at length not about why rates go up (they explain that well in the policy) but how often they go up. The rep stated "we typically review rates after about one year."

There are hundreds of reviews online with Trupanion receiving 8s,9s, and 10s out of ten, but also hundreds about premiums doubling and even tripling after 2 years. I am not here to bash them, I just want people who are considering insurance to understand that although they have some of the best coverage and policies around, it comes at a pretty hefty price.

Trupanion - More Customer Reviews

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
We've had Trupanion since May 2011, I think. Really never had the chance to use it. I was going to use it a month ago because Leila's snorting episodes became worse. Long story short, snorting episodes stopped completely when I started giving her Benadryl, an advise I received from this forum. I am aware that Trupanion increases their premiums every year but I still chose to get pet insurance for Leila. I would rather have that peace of mind and assurance that I will be able to take care of her medical needs without worrying about the financial setbacks. Leila is a family member to us and it would break my heart if I'm unable to give her the best possible medical care because I am unable to afford to. A year from now, when Trupanion increases the premium, then I will have to deal with that issue when the time comes. But, most likely, I will be renewing.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Hello everybody. Insured https://generalliabilityinsure.com events are described, for example, arson, as recently a couple of shops, for example, burned down. But probably these cases should be fully uncovered and those found guilty (otherwise it might set fire to myself)

Well, that's why I ask the question. Who has any opinions, reviews, who is somehow insured?
I don't know who I ticked off around here but I sure ruffled some feathers. There are many dissatisfied. And the premises are completely leased .. and I responsible for everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts