Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about switching my puppies food because of soft/runny stool.I am considering Canidae.I have noticed that alot of people here use this brand of food,I also noticed that they have an all stages of life food.Does anyone use this for their puppy?Are you happy with the results?

·
Registered
663 Posts
There is a whole thread on dog food on here.  It is really informative.  I don't really know which one to go with, but reading that should help.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Canidae is an excellent food. I fed Maddie the all stages food which would be appropriate for puppies as well as senior dogs.  She had excellent results with the Canidae.  :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have fed Oggie Canidae all throughout his puppy weeks.  He loves it.  He had no problem transitioning from science diet to it either, I just did it slowly over 3 weeks.  I have found I have to feed him more than the guidelines on the back though, he wasn't gaining much weight.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I switched Jaxon to Canidae at roughly 12 weeks.  I (and he) love it!  At the same time I switched Jaxon from puppy kibble to Canidae, I also switched my 9 year old Sheltie.  She also loves this food.  I read that puppy food can do more harm on larger breed puppies especially because of the increased protein and calcium.  It promotes fast bone growth, but the ligaments and connective tissues can not grow fast enough to keep up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts