Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Look at those muscles!!! Update on us: Micky has put some muscle added on, and he is still young and filling out. We have been looking into getting a cart, and we found one that I can ride on that puts no pressure on his back (has an awesome third wheel to remove the pressure from his back). He has gone from 44lbs at his lowest to a really nice and healthy 62, and his vet says he has never looked better!!!

Also, putting a big chain on your dog is very bad for the vertebrae and the joints as well. If you are wanting to put on muscle, I would highly advise reading up on some professional canine body building sites. Those folks will help you reach your goals of strength and build without causing harm. There are natural ways to do so, involving tons of good quality exercise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How old is your dog? Strictly no muscle building exersises until the boxer is fully mature which is at about 18 months to 2 years. It will do irrepairable damage to joints and you might end up with a very poorly dog at a young age.

·
Registered
156 Posts
thanks for your concern
she will be 2 on the first . before we would just walk and fetch and tug a war for a large amount of time. i officer from my squadron has a wife who is a local vet that she gets to see regularly. it wasnt till about 19 months that we started really working with a regular work out routine.
current workout inclueds:

monday- fetch,tug a war, jogs (with weighted 4lb packpack)
tuesday- weight pull, jogs
wdnesday- rest
thursday- fetch,tug, jogs
friday-weight pull, tug, jog
saturday- rest
sunday- dog park (some what rest day)

i would like to incorporate build a flirt pole if i can get her into enjoying it and swimming once the weather warms up

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting thread. Had never heard of this before - would be afraid to get in a sleigh or anything behind Miley I would never be seen again lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts