Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone--

I have decided on getting my 7 month old flashy fawn male a little brother and have pick of the litter..I have narrowed it down to 2 males and would like to get everyones opinion on who I am looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
They are both adorable but I would pick #2.  I like the white on his neck.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like #2 also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is how I feel every time I look at a litter. Actually, they are literally Sinjin's "little brothers" as they are from the same parents.  Prissy (Sinjin's momma) dug through the dog run when she was in heat and the rest is history.  I picked Sinjin based on the temperament of his parents and have no regrets at all. I looked at about 15 or so litters too and if I had a shady feeling abou anything, I moved on.  Took about a year of looking for exactly what I wanted and I felt good enough about my choice with him that I told the owner that if they ever had puppies to give me a call as I would probably be interested.  She sent me pics Friday and I went home to Dallas this morning to take a look.  Trust me, if I had my choice, all 7 would go home with me.  Yes, it is a BYB situation but they are not out to make a buck.  Very responsible and very picky on who the let buy pups from them.  They contact me frequently to follow up on Sinjin as well.  He is a complete joy to have (minus the snoring but I can deal with that) and I can only imagine how much doubling that joy will be.  Later.  Ryan

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you and congrats for your new addition...If you are using the same breeder, I'd get their input on which pup they think would be best for you...A good breeder would do that anyways...They know their pups and want to place them in the best home, let them guide you...Me personally, I'd take them all... :lol: I tend to go for the flashy ones, but I also want to be guided by what the breeder tells me about their personalities...Rhonda, (Angel's breeder) has been very helpful in that area...When we get our next boxer, I will get from her and she knows Angel, so I trust her to match us up with the best puppy...

Your 7 mo pup needs to be neutered, any time now would be fine. Preferebly before you bring the new pup home as he would have time to heal before a rambunctious pup enters his life..It sounds like he's not an Alpha personality so you could take pup #1. You want to try and avoid having multiple Alphas in the house...What you will see is your 7 mo old establishing himself over the pup, he's been there, it's his house, but that's normal. Just keep a close eye on them at first. As both are basically pups, in some ways it can be easier or harder it depends....

This is a post that I started about meetup groups..You can check to see if there is a meetup group in your area...I love them. Angel & I drive almost 2 hrs to ours, but well worth it..Samson doesn't do well in that kind of set up, so he stays at home..

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... opic&t=701

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think any of them would do.  Heck, why not take them both?  I'm not good with decisions and get a little carried away when it comes to little boxer eggheads!  :lol:

The only thing I would suggest is to watch Sinjin closely at first to make sure he realizes he's a puppy and not a toy.  We have about the same age difference in ours and when we brought Gunner home, Scout thought it was a toy and tried to bowl him over a couple of times.  

They are great now but in the beginning, the training was not easy.  I had two of them on different levels.  Make sure you make time for them individually until the new puppy is on the same level of training.  That way they will listen to you and not get too engrossed in each other.  They will ALWAYS think it's playtime.  :wink:

I am extremely glad that we rescued Gunner from his flea ridden mudpit and that our two are the best of buds!  Good luck on your decisions and keep us posted on which one you decide on!  Can't wait to see and hear all about them!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Ahhh!! i like #2 as well! so adorable!! there is not really any meetups here in Texas. I am in the DFW area, and want to do a meet up as well-but there isnt really anything out there that i can find.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
bubba\";p=\"13052 said:
I love them all, i would have to grab them and run and never go back. All of these puppy pics are making me want to go get another.
Ohh, I see a puppy in your future... Yes, I see ... oh my :pray: ... the doggie spirits say you will get one really soon!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Chloesmom, if you find anything let me know.  I've also been looking for some meetups close to home.  I live in Breckenridge, 100 miles west of Ft. Worth.  Oh and by the way, I love the flash on #2!!  What pretty babies they all are!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts