Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife had mentioned vacationing in Cape Cod.  Could anybody recommend some hotels that are priced decent.  Is there alot of attractions around?  I couldn't find much online which really scares me.  Dog tracks?  I'd love to go see some greyhounds race, and maybe win a little money.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
No Greyhound racing on the Cape, but they do have one in Rayham.   Not sure where to direct you too - depends on what you are looking for besides the Dog Track.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cape is a great place to visit, I agree with Hanna need to know a little more about what you are looking to see. Here's a link to check some things out http://capecod.com/

The islands are beautiful but can be pricey depending on your budget.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was going with middle of the road. It used to take me about two hours to get to my family is Barnstable from Seabrook.  Now if they will be in Province town with the traffic it will take longer.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i grew up there and parents still live there in Osterville

pm me ill give ya the places i know..depends on what you are looking for but ALOT to do and see..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to drag an old topic up, but I'm still searching for places to stay.  It'll just be me and wife, so a queen size bed or larger would be ok.  I'd like to stay by the beach, doesn't have to be super fancy, where I might play golf a time or two and get to eat some fresh seafood.  I'm not opposed to hotels at all.  Seems most everything I'm looking at is resorts that are $200+/night.  IMO spending more than about 125 bucks a night is wasting money.  Most of the time when you vacationing, your at the beach or checking out the local attractions.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Not too sure what on the Cape but do know there are tons of new places in Plymouth that are fairly reasonable.  Close to the ocean, and 10 minutes from the Cape Bridges.  Also tons of golf in the area too!    When are you traveling?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're gonna be traveling June 5 (after work) to New Hampshire for my wife's high school reunion.  Gotta get there by Friday night.  I'm looking to stay some place from June 8-12.  I don't know much about the coast, this will be my first trip to a northern state in about 7 years.  Only times I've been up north is when we used to travel to Canada to party.  Is there anywhere you would recommend besides Cape Cod that might be in the general direction of travel of Tennessee to New Hampshire?  I've always traveled to Florida for vacations, fairly cheap and tons of stuff to do!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
there are some GORGEOUS places in NH..on the ocean...not so expensive ....cape in the summer is MADNESS..to say the least...i remember growing up dreading the summer b/c took 10 minutes to get to work in all the other seasons...in summer it took an hour ..b/c of tourist traffic...

here are New Hampshire coastal areas and beaches:
http://eastern-beaches.com/new-hampshire-beaches/

** also coastal towns in Maine are incredibly beautiful...this was and still is our families favorite vacation place & we are from Cape Cod
http://portlandme.about.com/cs/townsofs ... tMaine.htm

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the links!  To be honest, after alot of researching, I believe we're gonna stay in Portsmouth, NH.  The hotel rates are about 20-30/night cheaper and it's actually more convenient to our overall trip.  Don't know much about the area, but as long as there good seafood, a place to play golf one day, I'm content.  Found lodging with indoor pool and hot tub.  All the reviews from tripadvisor comment on how clean and well-kept the place is so I'm gonna give it a shot assuming the wife approves.  Had everything nailed down for Cape Cod except making the reservation and she changed her mind last night!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Porthsmith is a great place.   We have gone up there for dinner  - ate right on the harbor.  It was a nice time.  There is a little Italian place that has the best muscles I have ever had - cannot think of it but if I do - will let you know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts