Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I posted that carter eats everything outside and on the ground in my house...So my question is can I spay apple bitter in  the yard area where he is suppose to go potty at? will he still go if I spray it?..Cause he will try and eat everything before he goes potty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
apple bitter is for taste not smell.You may smell it for a few seconds if you apply it very heavily,but I would think the smell will be gone.In my experience dogs like to pee & poop on things to cover another scent.So if anything he will just do his bussiness & try to cover scent of scent doesnt leave........So my oponion It wont effect his potty area(s)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
do you leash him when he goes out?? if not...do it...this is going to be the best thing. If you leash him and watch him the moment he tries to eat something say no and walk him in another direction. Keep doing this each time he does this...that way he learns by repitition. I have never had to use bitter apple so i am not sure whether it would work outside.

·
Registered
75 Posts
another thing apple bitter isnt for all dogs. Example we had a chihuah (misspelled ankle biter for short) and chewed everything.So we go buy the apple bitter and sprayed everything she chewed.So 1 nite I left bottle of apple bitter (on accident I swear) in floor.Woke up next mornin with a empty bottle and looked like it been shot by shotgun.Had around 40-50 bite holes in it,she chewed whole bottle,so apple bitter wasnt to bitter for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts