Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went ahead and made the decision to bring Cassie home....I was a little hesitant because she still has stitch's from her surgery, but after visiting with her again today...I did not want to leave her behind......

Fiona is a little bit freaked out because she has only been around smaller dogs, but she is wanting to play really bad and Cassie is not really interested at the moment...We had a little challange at the food bowl, but that was my fault because I filled Fiona's bowl first and Cassie went to it....Fiona was sniffing her and Cassie chased her off, no snapping or anything...Fiona tucked nub and ran away.....I put Cassie in the kennel to eat and so far everything is good......

Cassie seems a little scared of my hubby, the foster person who had her was not married so I am not sure if she has been around men.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Re: Everyone...Cassie is home!!!

Holy cow, it's a female Samson!!! Lol, I am soo happy for you and especially for Cassie having her forever home..Looks like Fiona is going to have friend now, that is awesome :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

Welcome home Cassie! Congrats on your new senior addition! Keep us posted on how Fiona and her get along this weekend!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

oh she is pretty :) I love the 2nd picture with Fiona challenging her to a game session lol, so cute :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Sharon she is beautiful.  Welcome home Cassie; Fiona looks happy too.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Re: Everyone...We have a new addition....Cassie is home!!!

WOW!! She is a female Samson!  :)  She looks sweet. And look at Fiona just wanting to play! So cute!  :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

Holy Beauty Queen  - She is the Grace Kelly of boxers!!  Congrats Sharon!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

Congrats on the new addition!  She beautiful!  Love the second pic.   :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

awwwww Sharon thats wonderful !!! hehe @ Fiona saying come on come on..lol

good luck this weekend :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well we have almost made it through the first evening and so far all is going great....she is fitting right in so far....Fiona has calmed down a little after a few elder reprimands....Cassie is not keen on having her bottom sniffed five hundered times :) She played with hubby a little and even acted jealous when Fiona was getting some love from him.....She is licking her stitch's though and I have to deal with that tomorrow....

So far so good.....for the first 5 hours!

My hubby has nicknamed her "The Lizard"  I am not sure why....he said she looks like an old dried up lizard...but certainly he means that in a nice way :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

Fiona called and said "Dude this is soooo better than the kitty the other week".....

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

Great to hear that Fiona and Cassie are geting along great so far!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

I think the hubby is calling her "Lizard" because of the licking!  Men are too funny sometimes.  Glad she is starting to fit in already.  It is great experience for Fiona.  Best of luck.

Nan

·
Registered
693 Posts

Congratulations Sharon @ Cassie on you're new living quarters. You will see a whole new side to Fiona. Looks like she has fit right in.I bet Madison really likes the two dog idea. Cassie is a beautiful girl. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

Aaaawwwww, she's so pretty! :D
Congrats on the new addition! :clap:  :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

She is beautiful! Congrats Sharon!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

We made it through the first night and all is well.....Cassie woke me up at 230 this morning needing to go outside...which is great....but I am not use to that because Fiona sleeps all night :)  Maybe to much excitment and water on the first night!

Here are a few more pics :)

If you look at the back of her legs in the first pic you will see where she is stitched from having her tumors removed on Tuesday :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts