Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Cassie is home....Updated Pics

3K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  sharonL 
#1 ·
Well we went ahead and made the decision to bring Cassie home....I was a little hesitant because she still has stitch's from her surgery, but after visiting with her again today...I did not want to leave her behind......

Fiona is a little bit freaked out because she has only been around smaller dogs, but she is wanting to play really bad and Cassie is not really interested at the moment...We had a little challange at the food bowl, but that was my fault because I filled Fiona's bowl first and Cassie went to it....Fiona was sniffing her and Cassie chased her off, no snapping or anything...Fiona tucked nub and ran away.....I put Cassie in the kennel to eat and so far everything is good......

Cassie seems a little scared of my hubby, the foster person who had her was not married so I am not sure if she has been around men.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Everyone...Cassie is home!!!

Holy cow, it's a female Samson!!! Lol, I am soo happy for you and especially for Cassie having her forever home..Looks like Fiona is going to have friend now, that is awesome :)

#8 ·
Re: Everyone...We have a new addition....Cassie is home!!!

WOW!! She is a female Samson!  :)  She looks sweet. And look at Fiona just wanting to play! So cute!  :D

#11 ·

awwwww Sharon thats wonderful !!! hehe @ Fiona saying come on come on..lol

good luck this weekend :D

#12 ·

Well we have almost made it through the first evening and so far all is going great....she is fitting right in so far....Fiona has calmed down a little after a few elder reprimands....Cassie is not keen on having her bottom sniffed five hundered times :) She played with hubby a little and even acted jealous when Fiona was getting some love from him.....She is licking her stitch's though and I have to deal with that tomorrow....

So far so good.....for the first 5 hours!

My hubby has nicknamed her "The Lizard"  I am not sure why....he said she looks like an old dried up lizard...but certainly he means that in a nice way :)

#15 ·

I think the hubby is calling her "Lizard" because of the licking!  Men are too funny sometimes.  Glad she is starting to fit in already.  It is great experience for Fiona.  Best of luck.

Nan

#16 ·

Congratulations Sharon @ Cassie on you're new living quarters. You will see a whole new side to Fiona. Looks like she has fit right in.I bet Madison really likes the two dog idea. Cassie is a beautiful girl. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

#19 ·

We made it through the first night and all is well.....Cassie woke me up at 230 this morning needing to go outside...which is great....but I am not use to that because Fiona sleeps all night :)  Maybe to much excitment and water on the first night!

Here are a few more pics :)

If you look at the back of her legs in the first pic you will see where she is stitched from having her tumors removed on Tuesday :)

Attachments

#25 ·
aww thats wonderful Sharon..she is so pretty and im sure so so grateful and thankful

#26 ·
DonnersMom\";p=\"111164 said:
What's Price's opinion of the new family member??? 8O
Price is use to two other dogs coming and GOING through here...my moms Yorkie and my SIL's weenier we babysit sometimes...I am not sure he knows this one is not going.....but he is his normal self....watching it all from his perch on the back of the couch....Cassie could care less about him, she was fostered with cats and when I went to get her there was one that was rubbing all over her and she acted like it was not even there! He is one of those cats that requires only 4 things in life.....food...water...clean litterbox....left alone.....with that he is happy as can be! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.