Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week and a half ago we went out on BI and the beaches were empty (it was only about 60 degrees) but Cassius loved it.  Not a big fan of the ocean though I am not sure if it was the waves or the sub zero temps that scared him.

UGH!!! Problem loading pic

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I finally started a photobucket for the pup, let's see if this works...

He's taking off with some seaweed, he was also trying to eat the crab on the beach, I tried to explain to him he needs a license for that.

He looks like he has 3 legs

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Cassius look boxer to boxer people?  Some people say he looks pitbull but the two people I've met in town that have a boxer say right away he looks boxer.  He's a rescue so no "papers", his story was that he was bought at a pet store in NH and then the owners had to move and couldn't take him along.  He was a little skinny when we got him but very healthy and the previous owners had taken him to the vet and had his shots etc. though I don't think they realized the cute little puppy was gonna grow up. I think I've asked this before but just curious what people more educated on boxers say.  Somedays he looks 100% boxer, other days I wonder, either way he's our boy and a great one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
He's adorable... I see a Boxer... he's too lean and leggy for a Pit!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Looks all boxer to me.  The pit mix usually has a longer snout.  As much as poeple confuse boxers with pits, I think they confuse white boxers with them even more.  He looks good to me....he's all ribs just like my boy!

G

·
0 Posts
He looks boxer to me!  I can't wait to take my two to the beach this summer.  Last summer Binga was only a few months old so we didn't take her out there.  

That last pic he does look like he only has 3 legs.   I don't even see a shadow for the fourth one!  Hehe.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sully, the ribs thing bugged me at first till I did my research and learned it is not only normal it isn't unhealthy for a boy his age. He's put on almost 5lbs since we adopted him and now weighs in at 50lbs and is around 21" tall.  He'll be a good size dog but not huge. In MA I feel like a)there's tons of pitty's and b) there's always a pitbull witch hunt.

Yeah the 3 legged pic cracks me up.  He has a weird gate, his front paws move like a person walking/running, but his rear works like a bunny

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You're in MA too?  What beach is that?

Yeah most days I can see all of Oggie's ribs.  I basically feed him as much as he wants, he gains weight but still appears all scrawny.  I'm not worried about it either, it does seem pretty common.

·
Registered
696 Posts
No need to worry - they're supposed to be ribby... they are so active, they remain lean.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sully, we were out on Block Island, RI a few weeks back.  It is a dogs paradise in the offseason, too crowded in the summer.  If you are out there before Memorial day and after Labor Day you can get on great beaches alone and tons of walking trails all over.  It's pretty cheap to go for a day too, catch an early ferry (like $12 each way, dogs are free and welcome), spend the day and catch the ferry home. In the offseason its usually cheap or free to park on the mainland.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree lot of people confuse boxers with pits especially if they are white.  That second picture is so cute.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Nice, I've never been to block island.  I've taken the ferry over to Martha's Island a bunch of times, love it over there.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Cassius looks great on the beach! Looks all boxer to me! I tend to agree with the notion that people confuse the whites for pits more often. Nice pics!  :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
He looks all boxer to me too.People ask me lots of times if my was a pitbull.I wonder what mine two would do ,if I took them to the beach :)

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
He looks all boxer, with three legs! :))

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
He's a gorgeous little sweetheart! And your beaches are beautiful, not like SoCal's. Never visited New England states, but my Bf used to live in MA and loved it there. Said it's a lot cleaner then L.A. area.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
No doubt about it, your 3 legged baby is a Boxer :lol: i wish we had beaches close for my babies to romp or in Samson's case, lumber.... :lol: Cassius looks good, he'll fill out a bit more in time, but better to be a bit lean than overweight :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
here you go..yours is all boxer :D but take a look for reassurance

heres pure bred white pit with cropped ears

one of michael moron vicks pits..with natural ears

my beautiful baby Chopper that we lost last year..100% pure pit mostly white @ 4 months old

by the way im from mass..cape cod then boston..whoop whoop for the east coast new englanders

1 - 20 of 21 Posts