Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a  awful time with fleas, this winter. Dont know why...... I finally resorted to advantix, I put it on her yesterday, and when I feed her last night, she threw up all of it.  I just thought maybe she ate it to fast, thinking the dogs might get it. So I just feed her about a hour ago, with no dogs in sight, and no sooner that she got it down, all of it came back up...... is this a side effect of the advantix, or do you think it could be something else, i did put ear mite meds in her ears too yesterday....... poor thing, I just gave her some dry chow, well see..........

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I will guess that you meant Advantage and if that is the case...then yes sometimes it can cause vomiting if it is the first time you have used it on your cat but this is not really common.  It could be a combo of the advantage and ear mite treatment at the same time....The good sign is that your cat wants to eat.  A cat that feels really bad will not eat.  It is just calming the stomach.  The best thing to do is hold food until tomorrow but make sure plenty of water is available.  The side affect of it goes away within a full 24 hours of application.  If by chance she was able to get some on her feet and then lick her feet this is the number one cause.....I would give it a day and things should be better.....

Now, if by some chance you used ADVANTIX then you need to give your kitty a bath and then take your kitty to the vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not to scare you or anything but we gave the our cat the Advantage, she didn't throw up but she went balastic acting.  I really flipped her out, she started attaking our choc. lab for no reason at all.  She flew over the couch one night and jumped on his back attacking him.  I was worried mainly because she doesn't have front claws and he out weighs her by about 85 lbs.  I thought he would have fought back and killed her but he was real cool about it.  We can't use any time of flea meds on her now, and she also reacted this way once when she was on an antibotic.  My husband says she satan's kitty. lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, she acts that way half the time..........lol    but on a serious note, I called my mom, who she belong to in the beginning ( we got her after my dad past away, cause mom said she didnt like her) and she has given it to her before..... and she thought she got sick afterward too........ so im going to give it a day or two and see what happens, she is drinking water, and she keep down the dry chow..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts