Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it begins... Mia somehow snuck into the room where the litterbox is, had it ALLLL over the floor.. It looks like someone literally picked it up and shook it over the entire floor..

Now she's throwing up and I'm thinking she ate some.. Is it poisonous??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chances are.. Alot of dogs are bad about this.. Is cleaning out the tastey crunch covered snacks from the litter. And i imagine that could make them sick.. Basic litter construction is a clay base, with deodorizing chemicals, and if clumping style, another chemical mixed in that causes it to form clumps when  moisture is applied (urine). With a larger dog, this probably wouldnt irritate them as much but with a puppy this could cause the vomiting you are seeing. I'd call your vet and see what they say. While im doubting it will really hurt her besides an upset tummy, Its never bad to make sure.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Kenya, I hope she's ok..I believe Andrea was(still is I think) having some problems with Reese regarding this as well...I really don't know if that could hurt her, but a call to your vet, certainly wouldn't hurt...Give that little sweetheart a hug for me and tell her to "Stay out of the litter box!!"  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
8O Sure hope it is nothing more than an upset tummy.  Mia don't scare your mommy any more .

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's fine now.. The vet said it would pass..Luckily we have some upset tummy medicine that we had for *the rat* lol so I gave her some of that (AND SHE LIKED IT!!  8O ) and she didn't throw up at all.. So I'm happy.. She scared the poop out of me though!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Oh yeah! reese is still trying to eat the poo, but she never got sick off of it. We bought a covered box with one of those swingy doors. Reese dosnt understand the door so she inspected it tried pushing it open then kinda freaked and hasnt touched the litter boxe in two days! This may be helpful for ya to try kenya. So far it is the only way we could keep Reese out of it

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well at home, it is the covered one with the swinging door, but when we go to bf's house, we take kitty along in his flat pan litter box (just much easier to haul.. almost like a travel box! lol)... So thats how she got in it.. She doesn't get into the covered one at home... She's  such a poo head... and there was no poo in it when she tipped it! I had just cleaned it.. lol Silly girl!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts