212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one...What kind and provider
Im with Nextel  the phone is a I 870
Looking to switch though

·
Registered
362 Posts
I broke down and just got an iphone for myself and my wife.  We both love it. Yes, it does have its shortfalls.  Coming from a treo, there are quite a few things the treo does better than the iphone, or the iphone just doesn't do it (yet).  But, overall, it's the coolest thing I've seen!  By the way, I've never been and "i-whatever" person.  Haven't had a mac in over 10 years, never had or wanted an ipod, but the iphone definitely won my heart when I first held it.  Initially walked into the store just to get one for my wife, but as soon as I held it, I asked for 2 of them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have a Treo 700W with Verizon (Los Angeles).  I've been kinda unhappy with Verizon's service lately so I'm now debating whether or not to get an iPhone or Blackberry Curve.  But that means I'd have to switch to AT&T/Cingular.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I hve the Samsung Gleam and verizon and I absolutely HATE the phone lmao It holds a charge for maybe a day and thats a BIG maybe!!! But we are satisfied with verizon!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
had cingular for about 6 yrs with no issues..cant remember what the phone was..didnt care as long as it worked lol

now i have sprint..dont like sprints billing cycles..if your bill is due on the first and you go in early and pay say on the 29th..itll automtically change your whole billing cycle to the 29th from then on..

phone is a a samsung tri mode sph-a740 lmao if that means anything..it has great reception and takes great pics !! been in the toilet, the ocean, surfing with me,in the rain,all by mistake haha but still works great !

hubby has a razor and takes great pics BUT has atleast 1 issue a month that requires service

·
Registered
21 Posts
We both have the new Voyager from Verizon, and they are nice phones, slightly bigger than the iPhone, but very comparable.  Love the touch screen, and they are very convenient, mobile web, navigator, etc. We prob would have bought iPhones if the Voyager hadn't come out, or the iPhone was available on Verizon.  I do have to warn you about the Razor(or pretty much any Motorola flip phone), I went through 3, and they are very prone to screen failure, just make sure you buy the insurance in whatever phone you buy, they can always finds a reason to void the warranty.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We have cingular/at&t service.  It's the only co. we get service with out here in the boonies, but I really like them a lot!
Got a new phone last June, it's some sort of samsung.  Worst phone ever!  Lousy reception, doesn't hold a charge, I really don't like it.
Had nokia phone before, really good phone, but the buttons are always exposed, so you have to "lock" the key pad.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i have cingular/at&t and  the phone i have is the blackberry pearl. i really like my phone but, i used to have us cellular as my provider and liked them much better but they do not have the blackberry service which i need.

G

·
0 Posts
We have sprint...I have a Samsung Blade...decent phone...good reception...bad battery life...had a MOTO Razr for a while...went through 12 of em in 2 months...got help from the company to get out of contract, lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts