Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that someone can give me advice, cause I'm starting to get really frustrated. Ares is 5 1/2 months old, and hasn't been neutered. We've read on here that it might be better to wait until after he's older. Well, the last couple of weeks when I play with him, he gets more aggressive and at times becomes rather "happy" to be playing with me. He does nothing like this with my husband. Is it cause he's a guy, or because he's bigger then me? He has a huge fenced in backyard, and when Chris gets home they play out back together, so I don't think it's because he isn't getting enough exercise. Has anybody had this issue and do you have any advice for me? We aren't having any problems with anything else. When I tell him what to do any other time he listens wonderfully, but just not when I'm playing with him
I also put new pics up in his Gallery. I wish I had the one for the serious dog.
http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... =xfc74b24a

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you referring to the red protuberance by "happy"  I think thats pretty normal.  Hormones are crazy and may be causing his increased aggressive play.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Our dachshund Blue used to do that all the time, it wouldnt even have to be when we were playing, just saying hi. He would just get a little excited, but now hes 2 and he hasnt done it in soo long,. He might eventually grow it out, Blue isnt fixed yet either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. I guess I'm just worried that it will get worse the bigger he gets and the longer he goes without being neutered. Is that a possiblity?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I had this problem too.  Rocky just got fixed 3/6 but before that he would get a little to excited on my arm.  I've only noticed it once since then and when I told him no he stopped.  I don't know if it's something that will get worse over time though.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think it's probably the hormones kicking in as well..The only time I have ever seen Samson get "happy" is when I'm training and use food for rewards, ok he's a bit strange :lol: And he's neutered!

·
Registered
578 Posts
This was happening with Fredo as  well, we mentioned it to the vet and they said that meant it was time to get him nutered wich was around the same age, 5 1/2 - 6 months. He hasn't done it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts