Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, my job is very slow.  I sell insurance in a small town, around 10K population.  Within this town, we have 9 insurance agencies.  I would put money down saying we try to do the right thing, while others choose to not explain what people are buying, etc.  I've yet to write 1 new policy this month.  Luckily, I'm paid by the hour, not salary.  I'm really debating looking for another job.  I need to go back and at least finish my associates degree!  I guess it's hard because I'm working with my Dad, and he feels like that I'm going to take over when he retires.  But as each day passes, my passion for this job goes down.  With everything going up, we have alot of policies lapsing because they say they can't afford it.  I follow commission reports, and we're haven't gained any business in almost 2 years, we're basically breaking even.  If yall do pray, please remember me and the family.  We bought a house a couple of years ago and go majorly screwed on interest, so I'm afraid to change jobs.  I hate paying 1000/mo!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Wow, this crazy economy really puts the screws to everybody doesn't it???? As far as changing jobs I know all too well how scary that can be. Hubby and I both worked for Rubbermaid (16 years each!) and 9 years ago they shut their doors within 1 month, turning almost 500 of us into the job market. Hubby is a skilled tradesman so we were ok and I decided to go into nursing. The moral to our story is... while changing jobs was one of the scariest things I've done it's been one of the most satisfying. If you find something that you're passionate about I've got to believe your Dad would understand, no matter their age we all want our kids to be happy. What would you LIKE to (not have to) do????

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i know how you feel. I have been with the financial industries working with retirement plans and i hated going to work. I quit my job last Oct. I am looking to start something new yet have no idea what i want to do. Luckily i dont have to worry about the bills since i am covered, but it is so hard going from something you know so well, to something you know little to nothing about. Best of luck with what happens...either changing or staying

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have a mundane job and no job security.  Welcome to the club!   I'd settle for a meaningless job that had some job security.  I should work for the state.  You couldn't get fired if you tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts