Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
im new here, i am from Minnesota.
And i have the most wonderful boxer in the world! Any way......i could brag forever.
She is 2yrs old. and her name  is Lexi.
Ok down to my question....Lexi loves cheese......is it good for her?i didnt start giving it to her....my mom did .She has a begging on and off switch....its always  turned off for me but she knows if she does that cute face its always on for my mom.......smart dog!
anyway , if you could answer that i would like that! thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think Samson loves cheese almost as much as my husband & I always have to remind him that Samson cannot tolerate it like he does. Once in awhile, a small bit is ok, more as a special treat. It's hard to ignore those big brown eyes sometimes  :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feed mine cubed chhese as a training aid, he loves it and doesn't seem to have any problems with it. He also gets a tablespoon of lowfat cottage cheese a day, banana and apple. When his stools look runny ( which is practically never) I give him a bit of pumpkin. Once a week as a special treat ( because he is so darn cute) I buy very lean hamburger meat,(which I cook) and I mix brown rice in with it. He goes crazy over that and I have to be careful that he eats it slowly, therefore he gets this treat in small doses. He is only 4 month old after all....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Cheese is fine as long as it's in small doses, but please always remember only to feed your dog HARD PASTEURISED cheeses such as cheddar, edam or Emmenthal.  Soft cheeses such as goats, blue, brie, etc. contain live bacteria which could give your dog a very unpleasant (for you and her/him!) dose of gastro.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Both Gunnar and Ginger LOVE cheese, they go crazy when I give it to them.  It's one of their favorite treats.  I give Gunnar his heartworm preventative wrapped in a piece of cheese.  Down it goes, don't have to worry about him spitting it out.  Cheese works like a charm!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
We give it too in small quantities.  We use a strip of American Cheese in their kongs.  I smoosh it along the inside wall and then fill it with other goodies and freeze it.  It entertains them forever!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Cheese is great, in small doses.. We've put Samson on a very strict diet cos of his weight, so all those treats have been eliminated.. The only thing he gets now is venision. Angel, we are bringing in new foods slowly with her, but she's loving her PB and yougurt Kongs immensly!! Cheese I think will be next....

·
Registered
162 Posts
[quote="GunnarsMom\";p=\"3565":ngc9w4rr]Both Gunnar and Ginger LOVE cheese, they go crazy when I give it to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts