Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chelsea will under no circumstances go out in the rain..i have to drag her out on the rain. she will not do the toilet outside as soon as we come back inside she will do the toilet. i dont understand why she does this...i sometimes let her off the lead and walk away so she will follow me but she runs back to the front door under shelter. what can i do to try and coax her to come out in the rain. she is going to have to get used to it...we stay in scotland!!!  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Generally if I got out with mine, they are fine..Samson doesn't like the rain either and will wait as long as possible before going..But attach a lead and Boom...he's ready to go...You hate to force a pup, but they do have to learn. Could you possibly carry her out there and then set her down? Take treats with you also...Other than that, I'm not much help, sorry....Yes, she definitely needs to get used to it, Scotland isn't exactly known for lots of sunshine!! Rather like Northern Ireland where I lived and my 2 did great there... :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin doesn't like the rain... he'd rather have accidents in my house then go out side and get wet... and if I put him outside he'll just stand there at the door freaking out... and if I go outside he looks at me like I'M CRAZY!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola doesn't like the rain either!  I do get her to go out though by going with her.  She'll run outside really fast, do her business, then run back to the door!  I don't like the rain either so who can blame her  :lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Becks hates the rain too..I have to drag him out there and act like I dont care about the rain, and talk in a happy chipper voice, and usually he'll do his business.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Right now here in TN we don't have to worry about rain.  I think we're on day 10 or 11 now and not a drop of rain.  Temps are mid to high 80's.  Everything is burnt up.  But to answer your question, both of ours have never been shy about needing to go outside to potty regardless of weather.  Did you ever train them with pee pads?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Another thought (if it's an option) is have the dog go in the garage if it won't go outside... certainly easier to clean-up the garage then in the house (of course only if your dog refused to go outside).

·
Registered
948 Posts
My boyfriends pitbull and their terrier thing don't like going out in the rain.. So they have plastic down with leaves ontop under their carport.. They dogs pee there and if they absolutely have to poo, they'll go out in the rain. So after they use the "make shift bathroom" they will just wrap it up and throw it out when the garbage goes...

Toby on the other hand... DIRT BALL!!! He could care less.. lol I love not having a picky dog..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Blue hates the rain!  I found that if I place him under a tree while it's raining, he'll go outside, but then he's afraid to run back to the house and get wet.  It's actually really funny to watch!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hmmm, I've noticed a bit of a pattern forming here! Seems like most of our beloved boxers don't like rain! You've guessed it, Daisy doesn't either! She has a small selection of raincoats though for our walks in the rain which here in England is too often for my liking! LOL!

Heather

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
OdinsDad\";p=\"10908 said:
Another thought (if it's an option) is have the dog go in the garage if it won't go outside... certainly easier to clean-up the garage then in the house (of course only if your dog refused to go outside).
Done that! Odin just walks around and then walks over to the door like "Okay... so when are we going back inside?!!!"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well at least I'm not alone, Blaze hates the rain also. If it's a light rain then no problem but if it really starts raining hard I put him in his crate until it let's up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zeus hates the rain too. He wont come out of his doggy mansion to even eat if it rains. But Dante will go play in it. If i bring them inside after it rains, Dante seems to always be dirty from head to toe but Zeus on the other hand is pretty good about being dirty only around the paws from walking back to the gate to come in. So it helps me with there bath a little.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Teaki hates the rain.  She doesn't even like to walk in the grass in the morning with dew on it.  We just bring her out, make sure she gets off the steps and wait.  At first she would just run back up the steps but we walked her back down again and told her to potty, after a while she learned that she would have to go and the sooner she got it done the sooner she came back in (she would not go in the house she would just keep holding it).  

If it is storming out she won't go out because she is scared of thunder.  Ziggi could care less what it is doing, he just runs and plays in it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lol....Xena doesn't care too much about the rain. We have been at the dog park when it started raining and she didn't care. She doesn't bark at thunder either. Her pet peeve though...is a bath. If I call her down the hall into the bathroom, she already knows what's up and runs. Then I, being only 5'1, must carry this 68lb boxer that doesn't stop wiggling into the bathroom and place her in the tub...and she still tries to escape even when were in the middle of it...shampoo and all.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That would be a funny site!  Teaki hates to get a bath too but Ziggi will run right up to the tub and get in.   He got alot as a puppy and I think that helped, he was ALWAYS out playing in the mud!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow am I glad I read this! bailey hates the rain - she will not even go for a walk!
This is not helping with the peeing and pooping in the house either.

Linda

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i had wondered where this post had got too.... :lol: my cousins boxer jasmine doesnt like the rain either. i wonder what it could be?? i really dont know what to do... i have had her in the bath and she just stands there but runs a mile when it rains. i thought she would maybe follow my other pets when they are out but that also doesnt work

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thank God Lilly doesn't mind the raing!!!  To her its just something entertaining to play in!!!  I'm glad for it too, because last year or the year before last we had 46 straight days of rain and flooding (I live on the top of a mountain so I don't have to worry about flooding, but we can be the first to get the rain).  At least this way I know I can walk her and play with her in the rain and she won't mind.

Liz and Lilly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts