Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog eats this:
70% Chicken made from whole chicken, includes meat and cartilege only, no viscera or organs
30% comprised from a mixture of whole  raw kale, yams, apples, bok choi, carrots, ground organic flax seed, dried organic alfalfa & parsley, cod liver oil and fresh garlic

How many pounds of this food should a 6 month 45 pound puppy eat per day?
How many pounds of this food should a 18 month 70 pound boxer eat per day?

Both are Highly Active.
Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be adding some gizzards for organ meat. He will also be getting RMB for teeth, I just listed teh staples of the diet.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You'll need to add bone as a staple. Recreational bones don't count because they need to actually be ingesting bone to get the calcium they need. If you don't feel comfortable, you can feed a calcium supplement as well, although I'm not sure what the right dosage would be because I feed bone.

Aside from calicum, there are a number of other very important vitamins and minerals that you're likely missing if you aren't feeding bone like iron, zinc, etc. They get these things from the marrow, which is very rich in vitamins and nutrients.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, you definatly need bone in that recipe.  Chicken frames, turkey necks are just a few that work well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts