Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today while I was looking at Lexi's teeth that it looks like she has chipped two if her little front teeth. It doesn't seem to be bothering her but is this something I should get checked my the vet? I try and check there teeth often but I'm having a hard time remembering if they always looked like this. The picture isn't great but it's the best I could get. ImageUploadedByPG Free1409627126.208134.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Unless there are exposed nerves, there is nothing to really worry about. Dogs chip and break their teeth all the time. It's usually done on things like antlers, rocks etc so if you allow her to chew on those things I would personally remove them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. I agree, Lexi has the funniest little bottom teeth and her underbite just makes it that much better!

I'm still not sure if they are actually chipped but knowing chipped teeth is common I feel better!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't give antlers, I try to take away the rocks/pebbles, however..I swear if ZIGGY could climb trees, there would be NO branches around :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ha ha. Molly is the same. She has destroyed my texas sage bushes. Somtimes she brings gifts for me inside ( very large branches chewed to bits). Crazy dog.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I would just keep an eye on her. If she starts pawing at her mouth, has a change in eating habit, is drooling a lot (more than Boxer normal) or the teeth change color take her in for a look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts