Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I heard it all now..I took Chloe running with me this morning and I noticed a car driving by us real slow and then drove off, few minutes later the same car drives by again but this time he stopped, rolls down his window and yells Hey! is that a puggle?  My gf has been looking all over for one. Even tho I was so out of breath and could barely talk I did manage to say..Your gf don't want a puggle then she wants a boxer.  All he kept saying was no way man that aint no boxer..I was like whatever and told him I had to get going.  It just irritated me to think these people want a certain dog but yet have no friggin clue what they even look like! This list of different dogs that Chloe has been called is becoming longer by the day..Pitbull, mini boxer and now a puggle. Unreal.   On a happy note tho, I took Chloe for a walk last night and a kid that was no more then 10 yrs old said to his friend, that's a nice boxer.. it cracks me up to see a 10 yr old more educated about dogs then a 30 something year old.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Actually.....we had a puggle that had died and he looked like a small version of a boxer. Which is what i loved about him. Depends on the puggle but alot do look like boxers

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What is a puggle???? Poodle and pug??? You've got to be kidding giving a lovely mixed breed puppy a name.  Sorry, I have nothing against mixed breeds and owned one for over 17 years, but to try and breed mixed breeds I just don't get it especially breeds that are so different!  I don't wish to make anyone mad here, but help me understand the reason behind this one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I assumed pug and poodle too.

--

Someone called Ares a Rottweiler at the pet store the other day lol.

We were in line, and a lady said to her son "Now that's a Rottweiler, stay away from that one."

·
Registered
942 Posts
My friend got a puggle puppy and I asked him if it was a boxer, so I'm not surprised you got that comment.

Milo get's called Pit-bull a lot, actually we've had the cops called on us twice b/c people thought he was a pit.

Kaci got called a pug last night...last I knew, pugs and boxers look nothing a like. lol

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
C'mon a puggle???? Okay that is funny!!! :D I probably would have said...no she's a pit!  8O

·
Registered
118 Posts
Was cutting grass the other day and some kids were walking down the street and saw Hank. One said a pit and both started running. I thought it was funny.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Shari, a puggle? Now I honestly had never heard of that breed, but still, you would have thought the guy could tell the difference between a boxer and a puggle!!! Maybe he meant a muggle :lol: Sorry i couldn't help it...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
LMAO at you guys!!! Some puggles actually do kind of resemble a boxer but seriously they are like a 12 lb dog lmao Just like another members dog was accused of being a pug!!!

Now I dont think weve been accused of anything maybe a pit once but we have actually got the "OMG a boxer we better stay away from them"  Believe it or not!! I just died laughing :roll:  Freagin idiots :wink:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well Jaxon went from being a big mean scary pit bull one day to be called "oh look at the sweet little pug" two days later!  Go figure!  I was irritated that they thought he was mean just because they thought he was a pit, but was completely insulted that the second person thought he was a pug!  No offense to pug owners!!!!...but c'mon, big difference.  In their defense, Jaxon was wearing a Mickey Mouse hoodie so it may have been harder to tell............but in the afternoon when she said it AGAIN, he had no hoodie on :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I have to say, never heard of a "puggle" I also assumed when I read it that it would be a pug/poodle mix..Can't even imagine what that would look like lol! Sadie has been called a pit bull twice! She's still young so I imagine there will be a lot more uneducated guesses as to what breed she is in the future.  :roll:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola's a pit bull and a dalmation!  I love this though...was walking her one day and a group of about 10 kids came over all different ages and the oldest one (maybe 12) said "is she a pit bull" and the yougest one (maybe 5 or 6) said "no dummy, she's a boxer and she's very pretty"!  lol!  I loved it!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Someone asked us if Diesel was a pug a while back. I think I just blinked at him with my jaw hanging down. A pug? come on...

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really disagree with breeding for puggles and labradoodles, and things like that. I saw a ton of puggles in the mall pet store from the window a while back. Like 3 rows of cages just filled with puppies. Then suddenly, the humane society was filled with them as well. Go figure.

What's wrong with all the dog breeds we currently have, that we have to start breeding for 'designer' mutts. Irresponsible IMO

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"31757 said:
Someone asked us if Diesel was a pug a while back. I think I just blinked at him with my jaw hanging down. A pug? come on...

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really disagree with breeding for puggles and labradoodles, and things like that. I saw a ton of puggles in the mall pet store from the window a while back. Like 3 rows of cages just filled with puppies. Then suddenly, the humane society was filled with them as well. Go figure.

What's wrong with all the dog breeds we currently have, that we have to start breeding for 'designer' mutts. Irresponsible IMO

I agree 100%. Like i said we had a Puggle but we got him from the shelter. I would have never bought one and added to the over population of these "designer mutts"

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Don't get me wrong, adopting a dog, any dog, from the humane society isn't wrapped up into my rant there.

NO dog should have to pay for what irresponsible humans do. But I guess that isn't the real world. :(

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I agree with you. We lost our little puggle because he had a congenital heart defect and died unexpectedly. IMO a reputal breeder will not mix breeds. It is terrible all of these so called "designer breeds" out there. There are more designer mutts in the pound than there are others. Because they are the fad or in thing to get and when they get bigger they arent as cute anymore so they get tossed to the curb. People are stupid

1 - 20 of 36 Posts