Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.....Chloe got spayed today and micro chipped.  She has thrown up about 4 times since being home late this afternoon.  She is quite the pathetic puss.....as all of you can imagine!...no eating or drinking so far  I was wondering.....is all this vomiting normal for Boxers???  Our "care" sheet that was sent home w us made it seem as though it was not. ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Nausea and vomiting after general anesthesia is common, which is why they say no food or drink.  If it persists through the night, call the vet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Layla also threw up twice when she first got home from being spayed. I would say the first 2 days she really slept alot and it took her about 5-6 to be back to normal. When we had Riley nuetered he was up and running the next day so I was a little concerned. The vet told me it was normal for the females to recover a little slower as long as she was eating and drinking. But if she continues to vomit I would contact the vet in the morning.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Maguiness was very groggy and out of it but never vomitted.  I would agree and say to call the vet in the morning if it persists.   I hope she feels better very soon.  Please let us know what happens.

·
Registered
905 Posts
The vet told us that Tink may well vomit for a day or two after she was spayed, and that it wasn't a cause for concern as long as she was taking water.  Only start to worry if she's still doing it a few days ater the surgery.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
isis also..she threw up all day the next day...and now tht i think about it so did i..when i had surgery..both times...threw up in the hallway at the hospital haha..on the side of the car..etc..its the anesethia...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yep I agree too....If she is still drinking and show's intrest in food today, you should be fine!  If she wont eat or drink and still throws up i would call the vet and ask if they can RX you some med's for it while the anesthetics are wearing off...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Our vets keep them overnight.  With Charlie, when I picked him up he was ready to roll.  He didn't seem to care that "the boys" were no longer there.  Sadie is going in Friday to be fixed.  Both have/will be done by laser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts