Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like any normal night, I fed Chloe her dinner and hubby was watching TV and I was putting clothes away in the bedroom. All of a sudden I heard Chloe making yelping/ gagging noises. Me and hubby both flew into the kitchen and we see her running all over the kitchen with her head straight up in the air trying to breathe.  Hubby immediately starts working on getting the food dislodged out of her throat, saying BREATHE CHLOE BREATHE! Then I got scared and started bawling.  Thank God within a few seconds he got her to throw up a big glob of dog food that wasn't even chewed but I think that took years off my life!!  She has always been a fast eater and after the cookie sheet trick not working, I resorted to using a huge coffee cup  turned upside down in her bowl and that worked up until now. Guess it's time to hand feed ! cause I'm not about to go thru that again.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
OMG I would have died!!! Roxy has done that quite a few times!! Whenever she is excited she wolfs her food down then walks around hunched over gagging!!!!!!! Im veryy sorry and I hope Chloes better :(

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
That's a boxer for you.  My male does the same thing.  I just dump a few pieces of dog food in the dish at a time (using the measured amount of what I feed him) and keep doing that till the cup of food is doled out. I feed him 3 times a day like that.  He is the worst one that I have ever had.  It is scary.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Very scary indeed. I'd try Nano's idea and see if that helps...I know you were scared to death and felt pretty helpless also..Glad she's ok after that...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
OMG...I would have freaked also! That must've been scary. I'm glad she is okay. Chloe slow down, stop scaring mommy like that!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I definetly would have been screaming.  I would be too much in shock to even know what to do.  That is really scary.  It's good to hear that she is okay now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts